file access using C++

Post by G.W.L. Jenk » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I used iostream and specifically fstream to read and write to a file.
All I wanted was to read in some configuration options that were in
a text file, although later I may wish to do more.

I add a two functions, one for save and one for load, and this seemed
to add over 20K onto the binary size?  Is there a more efficient way
of doing things than using iostream and fstream for reading in lines
of text?

Oh, and does Desk work with the new GCC and how do the binary sizes
compare with those of Acorn C++?

Thanks

Garan

1. Accessing files from RPC using PC

I've got a very simple 10BaseT network comprising a RISC OS 4.03 Risc PC
and a Windows 98SE PC.

I use LanMan98 to access files on my PC using my RPC, which works fine.
To go the other way, I use smbserver.  For most files, this works fine,
but for some, I get the error "You do not have permission to open this
file" or "Access denied".  I've tried ensuring that the file(s) has
public read & write (from the RPC), but it doesn't make any difference.
It does seem to be consistent, in that there are some files I can never
open on the PC, and some files I can always open on the PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Stuart.

--
Stuart Thomson.

2. Art, AI and chaos. Need help!

3. Using Sprites From A User Area In The Wimp, Using C++

4. Pascal Convention Under Pacific C

5. Using Run { > file } to output to file

6. Window resizing

7. Accessing ARM registers from Acorn C/C++

8. Getting Subkeys of Registry

9. FS: Acorn C/C++ as new, never used.

10. Modules using C++

11. Handling Hardware Interrupts using Norcroft C/C++

12. Using CLib with gnu c++

13. using GCC and C++ libraries