HP LJ-4 User Guide

Post by S G » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:10:06

I've recently come into possession of a LJ-4 and very nicely it
prints, too, however, it came without a manual and HP no longer
have it (the .pdf) on their site. I'd be obliged if someone
could email me one but to avoid being deluged with multi-MB
pdf's, please let me know 1st and I'll either say "thankyou,
please send", or "thankyou, I have it now".

Please let me know at:
 sg at janus dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Stewart Goldwater
http://www.janus.freeserve.co.uk/

HP LJ-4 User Guide

Post by S G » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:53:48

> > I've recently come into possession of a LJ-4 and very nicely it
> > prints, too, however, it came without a manual and HP no longer
> > have it (the .pdf) on their site.
> http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=Laser...

> I just downloaded a manual for my Laserjet 6P from the same source.
> They are RAR files so you'll need something to UNRAR them.

Thanks Barry but it's the User Guide I'm after and all at above
were service manuals. I did d/l several RARs tho', just to have
a look and they were all broken.

--

Post by S G » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:53:47

> > I've recently come into possession of a LJ-4 and very nicely it
> > prints, too, however, it came without a manual and HP no longer
> > have it (the .pdf) on their site.

> Here's the service manual, which may or may not include the information
> in the user manual:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wannabeyote/hp-lj-4-5-m-n-plus.pdf

No, I found a service manual and it seems not to.
What I'm after is C2001-90912 - HP LaserJet 4 printer User's Manual
Thanks for trying tho'!

--
Stewart Goldwater
http://www.janus.freeserve.co.uk/

HP LJ-4 User Guide

Post by Jerome Matheve » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 01:19:55

Quote:> Thanks Barry but it's the User Guide I'm after and all at above
> were service manuals. I did d/l several RARs tho', just to have
> a look and they were all broken.

I don't think they are broken, it's just that the PDF are split over 3
different RAR files. Just rename the 3 downloaded files to part1/rar,
part2/rar, part3/rar, etc ... and call "unrar x part1", the app should
normally open the 3 archives and concatenate the output. However, opening a
taskwindow with 28 megs still isn't enough for decompression... Time to
switch on the PC !

--
Jr?me Mathevet

HP LJ-4 User Guide

Post by S G » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:01:51

>> I did d/l several RARs tho', just to have a look
>> and they were all broken.

> I don't think they are broken, it's just that the PDF are split over 3
> different RAR files. Just rename the 3 downloaded files to part1/rar,
> part2/rar, part3/rar, etc ... and call "unrar x part1", the app should
> normally open the 3 archives and concatenate the output.

Thanks for that info.
Yes, they were several parters. unrar 3.30 via Iain Logan's front-end
appeared to work, threw up no errors, but produced empty dirs. However,
I did not have all of the several parts together! I was not aware
that this was required. This is useful to know but does not help in
the present case, since it is the Users Manual I'm after, rather
than the service manual available at this site which I have anyway.
I have since, located the User Manual for the LJ-4SI which seems to
have the gen. so I've given up looking.

--
Stewart Goldwater
http://www.janus.freeserve.co.uk/

1. HP LJ 5L pape feed problems

  RI> Has anyone had any problems with a HP laserjet 5L not
  RI> picking up paper properly?

Only when I try reusing blank sheets that have already been through the
printer.
Otherwise it's been fine.

  RI> Anyone with any solution?

Sometimes the paper stack does need taking out, squaring up and reinsertion.

Ray
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | The Archimedes Bulletin Board in London |

2. HP Work Manager, HP - ME 10, consultants required - Top $$$

3. Does RISC OS HP LJ 4/5 driver work with GL PJ 1200?

4. Printing problem in OS2 2.0...

5. HP LJ 5L pape feed problems

6. Mitsumi FX320 EIDE or Toshiba 32x XM-6202b EIDE?

7. best driver for DEClaser 1100 with Postscript and HP-LJ-II emulation?

8. GUI component for XPath definitions

9. Printer driver for HP LJ 1200?

10. User guides & new users Was Advert Format

11. BBC User guide now online

12. User Guide

13. Anyone want some old RAM + monitor user guide?