Basic Text windows

Post by Thomas Malcolm Smit » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 02:55:01

I have just upgraded to RO4.02 and this is causing some problems.

A couple of basic programs I have used for a number of years are not running
correctly now that I have changed from RO3.7

The problem is the text window (viewport) which was previously are fairly
large portion of the screen is now a narrow slot in the upper left hand
corner of the screen.
What has changed that can be effecting the 'text window' position?
It would be useful to know before I start modifying the program.

TIA

Malcolm Smith

--

in North Yorkshire, UK.

Basic Text windows

Post by David J. Ruc » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 06:07:05

Quote:> I have just upgraded to RO4.02 and this is causing some problems.

> A couple of basic programs I have used for a number of years are not
> running correctly now that I have changed from RO3.7

> The problem is the text window (viewport) which was previously are fairly
> large portion of the screen is now a narrow slot in the upper left hand
> corner of the screen.
> What has changed that can be effecting the 'text window' position?
> It would be useful to know before I start modifying the program.

If you are talking about the command window which comes up whan you run
a some single taskings windows, then you should not rely on it. Either
run the program from a TaskWindow (Ctrl+F12) or if it changes mode after
an intial screen to perform graphics, try my Graphic Task Windows.
ftp://ftp.armclub.org.uk/pub/pd/druck/

---druck

Basic Text windows

Post by Thomas Malcolm Smit » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 05:33:00

David

I get the same effect if I run the program in a Task Window(Ctrl+F12) as I
do if I just double click on the program icon.

 The only difference is that there is the white background of the Task
Window rather than the pale yellow of my text window. i.e. the text which
should have the appearance of a spread sheet is displayed as a long column
of text and figures.

VDU28 is used in the program to set the viewport size, and this a text
viewport rather than a graphics one.

Malcolm Smith

--

in North Yorkshire, UK.

Basic Text windows

Post by Terry Blun » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:14:06

Quote:>David

>I get the same effect if I run the program in a Task Window(Ctrl+F12) as I
>do if I just double click on the program icon.

> The only difference is that there is the white background of the Task
>Window rather than the pale yellow of my text window. i.e. the text which
>should have the appearance of a spread sheet is displayed as a long column
>of text and figures.

>VDU28 is used in the program to set the viewport size, and this a text
>viewport rather than a graphics one.

>Malcolm Smith

Worrying!

The VDU commands haven't changed significantly (apart from extensions)
since the 0.1 OS of the BBC Model B! This may sound silly, but are you
sure you're not using VDU28 in a way that assumes zeros that aren't
actually being put in?

--

... told today, of work to do yesterday, with materials supplied tomorrow.

1. BASIC, BASIC, and more BASIC.

C> Why is BASIC really such a boring language?

Basic is a great language, for small - middle projects. As a better
"batch"-language to do things you can't do with obey-files, and as
batch/macrolanguage to control the basicassembler.

I think, there is on *NONE* system a similar easy to use efficient
macroassemblerlanguage.

EC> And why doesn't everybody learn C?

'cause C is a really horrible language. I don't like it. But that's my
personal meaning.

Bye, Andreas Joos

2. Bluetooth stack on AVR

3. BASIC, BASIC and more BASIC.

4. A school boy's problem

5. BASIC <> Text (revisited)

6. PostScript routines for smoothing bitmaps

7. Help with BASIC proc to search text files

8. connecting OS X to W2000

9. Basic Programming - Insert text

10. Text editor writen in Basic wanted

11. BASIC to Text

12. BASIC <-> text CLI programs ?

13. BBC Basic V to ASCII text convertor???