Epson EPL5700

Post by Andy Mark » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 08:11:32

Does anyone know if this will work with an Acorn, and if so, using which
driver?

Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Very near the World-Famous(?) Creswell Crags
I know, I've been there!

Epson EPL5700

Post by Colin Wildar » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 21:19:30

Quote:> Does anyone know if this will work with an Acorn, and if so,
> using which driver?

Yep, Laserjet4/5 should do it and the Epson 5500 should as well
although you may not get the 1200dpi option
Cheers

--
    Colin Woolf  Watercolour Artist  - Fine Art Paintings
         Illustrations, Limited Edition Prints & Cards

Epson EPL5700

Post by Martin Devo » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 23:00:40

> > Does anyone know if this will work with an Acorn, and if so,
> > using which driver?

> Yep, Laserjet4/5 should do it and the Epson 5500 should as well
> although you may not get the 1200dpi option
> Cheers

Be careful it's a 5700 not a 5700L. The L version is one of those
Windows-only heaps. The 5700 has been superseded by the 5800, which
retains PCL6 capability and can be driven by any of Laserjet 4/5/6.
The 5800 is a very good, 10ppm printer.

--
Martin Devon
IT Consultant

Epson EPL5700

Post by Martin Devo » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:38:40

<snip printers

Quote:> > The 5800 is a very good, 10ppm printer.
> Hmm... I may just treat myself to one of those in a few months...

I just bought 4 for school. (thanks to Peter Bell for lpr network driver)

Quote:

> Finally, what digital cameras work under Risc OS (aside from the Sony
> Digital Mavica, which is well outside my budget).

Our version of Spacetech's Photolink s/ware provides drivers for
Epson photo 500
Olympus 1400L, 400, 400L, 420L 800L, 820L, 840L
Sanyo ImagePC

We've had it for quite a while and there are no dout others by now.

We actually use an Olympus C-820L.

--
Martin Devon
Stonar School

Epson EPL5700

Post by Brian Howlet » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:26:15

On 4 Sep 2000, Philip Pemberton had this to say:

[snip]

> "I only use Windoze 'cos BTInternet won't let me connect under Linux"
> www.philpem.f9.co.uk

There are BTinternet scripts for ArmTCP or Connect on my web site at
<http://homepages.tesco.net/~brian.howlett/>, so you could always use
your Acorn instead... ;-)

It's also not strictly true that they won't let you connect under Linux,
they just don't provide tech support for any platform other than Windows
or Mac, so you have to figure it out for yourself.
--
Brian Howlett
I'm not telling you who I work for - in any case, there's no way

1. Open source EPSON Stylus Color 580 Printer Dumper

I just put my new Printer Dumper incl. Sources on my homepage.
The dumper has been written to allow printing on
EPSON Stylus Color 580 because I didn't found an according
Dumper between the usual PDumper/Driver/PDFs supplied
with RISCOS.

It is likely that the dumper is also working with the EPSON
Stylus Color 480, C-20 and C-40. The dumper is also relativ
flexible so it might be possible to adapt it for other
printers simply by changing the PDF. Because it is open
source it can be used as base for adaption of more different
printers too. Indeed I am seeing it as an example how to
write RISCOS printer drivers using C.

The dumper is still a bit slow and the colours on my printer
are not so good as I would like it. But this seems to be
a problem of the ink catridge I am using in the monent which
is simply more blue than cyan and more violett than magenta :-(.
Perhaps other person are making better expierences.

Note that the dumper is using a Module name and a Dumper number
which are not registered. If this number/name should be
registered by other dumpers I have to change it of course
immediately.

Note also that there are problems to use an EPSON Stylus Color
580 under RISCOS because the sequences to change the ink
catridges are not documented by EPSON. You unfortunately
always need a PC or a person which is an owner of PC to change
the ink catridges.

The printer and its source can be downloaded from
the computer corner of my homepage:

http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-milius/indexE.htm

Enjoy. If you have any remarks, improvement advises, questions
etc. don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy new year

Thomas Milius

--

2. Application Compatibility

3. Epson GT-7000 Scanner inc SCSI cable and Twain 119ukp!!

4. VI how-to question: Insert blank line before lines containing

5. Surftec have MORE Epson SCSI scanners!!!

6. The name of another game?

7. Surftec Epson Scanners are SOLD OUT!

8. How do i connect MFC event sink to ole server by myself...?

9. Surftec Offer: Epson GT-9500 Scanners NEW STOCK JUST IN!

10. Epson Zip Drives

11. Printer Definition File and Palettes for Epson Stylus 500 released

12. Epson 900, 980 printer drivers updated for Simtec USB

13. Ex Demo Epson GT7000 Scanners only 160ukp