ARMLinux ftp site

Post by nik » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it just me or is the ARMLinux ftp site not working ATM?

TTFN
Nik

--

http://www.cheddarcheese.de

ARMLinux ftp site

Post by Andy Pipe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Is it just me or is the ARMLinux ftp site not working ATM?

Andy

--

Fareham, Hampshire

ARMLinux ftp site

Post by nik » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Is it just me or is the ARMLinux ftp site not working ATM?

Yep, must have been me, apologies.

Another question:
At the moment I'm trying to install ARMLinux, but am a bit confused (it's just
a state I find myself in most days, don't worry)
According to Paul Vigay's instructions, I should have base.tar and instim.tar.
The only reference to these that I can fid on the ARMLinux download page are
the directories
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/RedHat/base
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/RedHat/instimage
Does this mean that the files are untared or are these files somewhere else?

Yours in hope,
Nik

--

http://www.cheddarcheese.de

ARMLinux ftp site

Post by Rich Sag » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> According to Paul Vigay's instructions, I should have base.tar and
> instim.tar. The only reference to these that I can fid on the ARMLinux
> download page are the directories
> ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/RedHat/base
> ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/RedHat/instimage Does this mean
> that the files are untared or are these files somewhere else?

Yup, they are untar'ed on the site; the best thing to do is get a copy of
raFS and download all the files into two raFS disc images (!base and
!instimage).  Then you can use the rafsln utility from the Install program to
use these images.  It's described in the instructions, the base.tar and
instim.tar were on the Clan CD IIRC.

HTH,

Rich S.

--
<> Rich Sage

<> ICQ 34348976 (Sprok)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM donuts......

ARMLinux ftp site

Post by Kira L. Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > > Is it just me or is the ARMLinux ftp site not working ATM?

> Yep, must have been me, apologies.

Actually Zen went down for a bit, but only twentyfive minutes.
It does that quite often-  would anyone like to donate some nice
hardware for it please?

kira.

--
This is a tagline.

1. ArmLinux, ArmLinux, ArmLinux...

Hey Guys,

With all this PC vs Macs vs Acorn, Win9* vs MacOS vs RiscOS vs Linux
argument around I thought I ought to let you know/remind you that there is
a hardworking core of people bringing you ArmLinux.  Its still fairly
early stages but it is useable and runs on A5000, RPC 610,710, StrongArm.
My RPC runs it.  So you can have your cake and eat it.

Support for it wont go away because of Corel's Netwinder
(http://www.corelcomputer.com) which uses the StrongArm2, and runs Linux
based on ArmLinux.  There is currently the old Redhat install for the
Acorn machines but debian are producing their own release.

A StrongArm running ArmLinux is impressive.

Melanie

"An it hurt none, do what thou will"    http://www.defaid.demon.co.uk
   TLBB#2 TGMCC#1 - GS550 (In potentia), X7 (In bits!), MZ 125TS

2. Is Lotus Notes Mail SMTP Compatible?

3. TI FTP Sites & Web Sites Lists

4. changing the password in a modem connection(Pocket 2002)

5. Closure of Acorn FTP site

6. CD-ROM Recognized, but not functioning?!?

7. Comp.{sources/binaries}.acorn website and ftp site now rejigged and happy

8. XMLSerializer Question

9. Changes to Xemplar ftp site

10. Xemplar Education Ltd Announces FTP site

11. MakesModes now available from Acorn ftp site

12. help me find FTP site

13. FTP sites