Reformatting an A7000+

Post by Dan Elwel » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:35:20

Hi,
I've been a RISC OS 3 user (at college) for quite some time but have never
had a chance to play with the configuration of the beasts.

I've just got hold of an A7000+, and after a failed installation of ARM
Linux (simply crashes on startup) I've decided to stick with the RISCOS 3.7
that's installed on it. However, the hard drive is full of junk and has
AccessNT installed (though it isnt connected to an NT server) and it needs
to be formatted.

Can anybody guide me through how this is done safely?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dan Elwell
Common sense not included.

Reformatting an A7000+

Post by Harriet Bazle » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:56:19

Quote:> I've just got hold of an A7000+, and after a failed installation of ARM
> Linux (simply crashes on startup) I've decided to stick with the RISCOS 3.7
> that's installed on it. However, the hard drive is full of junk and has
> AccessNT installed (though it isnt connected to an NT server) and it needs
> to be formatted.

> Can anybody guide me through how this is done safely?

To reformat a hard drive you need to run the program HForm (which you
need to have on a floppy first, obviously!)

Are you saying that it's not currently in a RISC OS format at all?

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

Reformatting an A7000+

Post by Sandy Morto » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:31:18

Quote:> To reformat a hard drive you need to run the program HForm (which you
> need to have on a floppy first, obviously!)

When the Mico crashed I got the formatter from APDLs page