Sprite modes, don'tcha just love 'em!

Post by Philip Bretherto » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Any genious, 'lay-man' speaking programmers out there that can help me???

        My problem is that I want 16m colour backgrounds and 256 colour sprites on
top.

I normally use SYS "OS_SpriteOp" which is fine for 256 colour backgrounds
and sprites,
BUT, I can't even work out how to display a bgd using this command, and
even if I Screenload
the bgd in, my 256 colour sprites are still *ed up!

Please let it be possible as I'm a top artist who likes lots of colours!!!

        Thanks for any help, ta!

                                Phil.

1. I don't love you since you ate my dog

I presume I'm not the first to find this in the
Resources::Resources.Switcher.Templates file.  Are there any other
secrets in RISC OS 4?  IIRC there was an article in Acorn User which
said that there was something with a 'Buffy the vampare slayer' theme.

Cheers,

--
 _

| \(_)|_)  Drobe RISC Software   http://www.drobe.co.uk
=====RISC PC 700, RISC OS 4, Linux, 7.4Gb, 32/2Mb.=====

2. Catalyst 2900 clustering

3. let's receive near the solid ladders, but don't laugh the raw tags

4. Answer Supervision on PBX

5. It's 'Taos' not 'TAOS'

6. MHS: User's can send mail but not receive!

7. Amiga 2000 battery

8. ChangFSI and 'batch mode'

9. 'Basic' Sprite problem

10. Plotting sprite 'shape' in any colour

11. 'Game On' and RPC screen modes

12. Where to put my alternative ' Display icon ' sprite