Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Russ Tarbo » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:53:01

Well folks,

Even though I stretched my wallet as far as possible 570 was well out of
the question for the Domesday system on eBay
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem&item=2083407165)

It went for a high price despite actaully being a 'wroking system' like the
other recent example which was complete. That went for 750 IIRC.

Well I'll keep trying and look forward to eventually going on tour with a
Domesday system :o) Best get some money in the post for the Risc PC I am
buying too...

Russ

--
Russ Tarbox

Biog: http://www.userve.co.uk/russbiog.htm
Shop: http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/riscitfromruss
Remove THELID to reply by e-mail

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Witch » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 04:09:25

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:53:01 -0000, "Russ Tarbox"

>Well folks,

>Even though I stretched my wallet as far as possible 570 was well out of
>the question for the Domesday system on eBay
>(http://www.veryComputer.com/)

>It went for a high price despite actaully being a 'wroking system' like the
>other recent example which was complete. That went for 750 IIRC.

>Well I'll keep trying and look forward to eventually going on tour with a
>Domesday system :o) Best get some money in the post for the Risc PC I am
>buying too...

*y hell fire! That's a ridiculous price......bad luck there Russ.

Post by B Lan » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 07:25:04

> >Well I'll keep trying and look forward to eventually going on tour with a
> >Domesday system :o) Best get some money in the post for the Risc PC I am
> >buying too...

> *y hell fire! That's a ridiculous price......bad luck there Russ.

Russ:

The FE college where I used to work had a complete Domesday Project system.
Last time I saw it (6 years ago?) it wasn't working fully, though all the
bits and both discs were there.

I don't know if it still exists.  I do know that they put a fair number of
Acorns in the skip about four years ago.

If you or anyone else might be prepared to make a trip to Redcar to collect
it, I can make enquiries about whether this Domesday system is still at the
college, and if so, whether they want to dispose of it.

Regards:

Barrie Land.

Windows users sending e-mail:  IYDM, I'd prefer to receive your message

ARGONET:  Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines.

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Russ Tarbo » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:29:46

Amazingly, B Land's fingers fell upon a keyboard in such a way that the
output was as follows:

>>> Well I'll keep trying and look forward to eventually going on tour
>>> with a Domesday system :o) Best get some money in the post for the
>>> Risc PC I am buying too...

>> *y hell fire! That's a ridiculous price......bad luck there Russ.

> Russ:

> The FE college where I used to work had a complete Domesday Project
> system. Last time I saw it (6 years ago?) it wasn't working fully,
> though all the bits and both discs were there.

> I don't know if it still exists.  I do know that they put a fair
> number of Acorns in the skip about four years ago.

> If you or anyone else might be prepared to make a trip to Redcar to
> collect it, I can make enquiries about whether this Domesday system
> is still at the college, and if so, whether they want to dispose of
> it.

> Regards:

> Barrie Land.

Hi,

I've no idea where Redcar is but I could find out. I would be willing to
travel. Please make enquiries ! :o)

Thanks,
Russ

--
Russ Tarbox

Biog: http://www.veryComputer.com/
Shop: http://www.veryComputer.com/
Remove THELID to reply by e-mail

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by John Myer » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 19:27:00

Quote:> Hi,
> I've no idea where Redcar is but I could find out. I would be willing to
> travel. Please make enquiries ! :o)
> Thanks,
> Russ

Typical, *y southerner :-)

You can guarentee Russ, that people from Redcar know where Newbury is.

John

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Russ Tarbo » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:21:10

Amazingly, John Myers's fingers fell upon a keyboard in such a way that the
output was as follows:

>> Hi,

>> I've no idea where Redcar is but I could find out. I would be
>> willing to travel. Please make enquiries ! :o)

>> Thanks,
>> Russ

> Typical, *y southerner :-)

> You can guarentee Russ, that people from Redcar know where Newbury is.

My apologies. I rarely venture north of Oxford and certainly no further than
Stafford :)

Russ

--

Post by John Cartmel » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:38:18

> Amazingly, John Myers's fingers fell upon a keyboard in such a way that
> the output was as follows:

> >> I've no idea where Redcar is but I could find out. I would be willing
> >> to travel. Please make enquiries ! :o)

> >> Thanks, Russ

> > Typical, *y southerner :-)

> > You can guarentee Russ, that people from Redcar know where Newbury is.

> My apologies. I rarely venture north of Oxford and certainly no further
> than Stafford :)

[Snip]

That won't get you far; for Redcar you have to venture into the wild and
magical world east of the Pennines where they reputedly eat southerners.
;-)

--

Acorn Publisher magazine &  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Fleur Designs (boardgames)

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Richard Walke » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 00:02:59

Quote:> If you or anyone else might be prepared to make a trip to Redcar to
> collect  it, I can make enquiries about whether this Domesday system is
> still at the  college, and if so, whether they want to dispose of it.

Mmmnnn... I'm about twenty/thirty minutes from Redcar (Stockton-on-Tees).
Any news on the availability?

--
Richard.

"A taste of honey... tasting much sweeter than wine."

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Brian » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:01:21

On 31 Dec,

> Amazingly, John Myers's fingers fell upon a keyboard in such a way that the
> output was as follows:

> >> Hi,
> >> I've no idea where Redcar is but I could find out. I would be willing to
> >> travel. Please make enquiries ! :o)
> >> Thanks, Russ

> > Typical, *y southerner :-)

> > You can guarentee Russ, that people from Redcar know where Newbury is.

> My apologies. I rarely venture north of Oxford

That's just before Southampton, must be near the south coast, then.

Quote:> and certainly no further than Stafford :)

well, that's /nearly/ the midlands.

--
  Brian D

  Yarm, not far from Redcar, but a long way from Oxford.

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Brian » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:03:20

On 31 Dec,

[snip]

Quote:

> That won't get you far; for Redcar you have to venture into the wild and
> magical world east of the Pennines where they reputedly eat southerners.
> ;-)

Typical Westerner! ;-)
--
  Brian D   |      RiscPC600      | StrongARM 233Mhz RISC OS 4 66Mb
  Linux PCs on RISC OS network    | Yarm, UK.

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by Brian » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:04:43

On 31 Dec,

> > If you or anyone else might be prepared to make a trip to Redcar to
> > collect  it, I can make enquiries about whether this Domesday system is
> > still at the  college, and if so, whether they want to dispose of it.

> Mmmnnn... I'm about twenty/thirty minutes from Redcar (Stockton-on-Tees).
> Any news on the availability?

What are you driving, a Trabant? It can't take that long.
--
  Brian D   |      RiscPC600      | StrongARM 233Mhz RISC OS 4 66Mb
  Linux PCs on RISC OS network    |
  Darlington Dolphin Masters ASC  | <www.darlington-masters.org>

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by B Lan » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 09:50:20

Mild alarm . . . and me slightly culpa in giving away the whereabouts.

I trust that anyone who's taking an interest in this Domesday system which
may survive in Redcar will acknowledge that Russ, as originator of the
Domesday thread (and the first to respond to my mention of this system)
should have first call, despite his geographical remoteness.  Let's hope
you're decent chaps, and no-one will try to bypass him and me by attempting
to guess which college it is and making direct approaches.

Given that, I will keep folks informed.  I stress that I do not yet know
whether the stuff has been binned, or is for disposal if it still exists.  I
may know on Monday.  Expectations should not be high!

Happy New Year:

Barrie Land.

Windows users sending e-mail:  IYDM, I'd prefer to receive your message

ARGONET:  Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines.

Domesday Dream out the window

Post by use reply- » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 07:41:32

Quote:> That won't get you far; for Redcar you have to venture into
> the wild and magical world east of the Pennines where they
> reputedly eat southerners. ;-)

Are norhterners vegetarians then? Because don't
they call us Southerners pansies?.

VinceH

--
VinceH can be found in the vicinity of http://www.vinceh.com
Soft Rock Software can be found around http://www.softrock.co.uk

Post by Andrew Hil » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 10:48:09

> > That won't get you far; for Redcar you have to venture into
> > the wild and magical world east of the Pennines where they
> > reputedly eat southerners. ;-)

> Are norhterners vegetarians then? Because don't
> they call us Southerners pansies?.

As a midlander, does that make me one of the *s or the
missionaries???

Best wishes,

Drew
(must go - I'm getting tempted to bite my own arms off...)

Post by John Cartmel » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:04:19

> > That won't get you far; for Redcar you have to venture into the wild
> > and magical world east of the Pennines where they reputedly eat
> > southerners. ;-)
> Are norhterners vegetarians then? Because don't they call us Southerners
> pansies?.

Well the logic's up the creek but every proposition is true!    ;-)

--

Acorn Publisher magazine &  http://www.acornpublisher.com
Fleur Designs (boardgames)

1. "The dream Has Not Died", but who was the "Dream Team"?

jk
jk                   "The Dream Has Not Died"
jk                        By J.W. Krych
jk
jk     My Friends,
jk
jk .........
jk
jk I look back at those who were involved, the original Team, the
jk tremendous amount of energy that went into designing, and
jk debugging, that historic, pioneering, and innovative software
jk system, unlike any other that has come into being for the
jk TI 99/4A Home Computer.
jk........
jk
jk  You see,......
jk  For a team that never meet together,
jk  and only saw few of it's members,.......
jk
jk
jk..... To those who have supported me, and the Team,...
 Jim, for all those TIers like myself out there, would you
 delineate who all were "members of the team"?
jk.... Take care and God Bless!
jk
jk And, God Willing, perhaps someday, there will be PCB's....

Yes, and perhaps with God willing OPA (Gary boy) will deliver!!!

--

2. Crash in __ptr_glue with the new headers (3.0)

3. A3020 mouse port pin outs

4. applog

5. pin-outs for miniture IDE connector in an A3020

6. Does anyone remember the P-system?

7. A3000 RGB Pin Outs

8. problem with hinote ultra and 1.3 gig drive

9. Time outs

10. Modem time-outs

11. Window handle: window or menu?

12. Nested Window Manager Moving Windows.

13. pin-outs for processor GEMINI 1F35.