Modem acknowledgement messages

Post by Chris Moriso » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Dear All,

Right, now I'm trying to make Organizer's tone dialling facility
automatically detect engaged tones and lack of dialling tone.  To do this,
I've removed the ";" from the dialling string, and successfully get the
"BUSY" or "NO DIAL TONE" messages, however the modem now bleeps every second
as it attempts to connect.

I'd like to turn this beeping off when the target phone rings, but I don't
get the "RING" message.  Any ideas why not?

Cheers

Chris Morison.
--
Research Student
Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering

web:    http://www.arcsite.de/hp/chrismorison/

Post by Alex Macfarlane Smit » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Dear All,

> Right, now I'm trying to make Organizer's tone dialling facility
> automatically detect engaged tones and lack of dialling tone.  To do this,
> I've removed the ";" from the dialling string, and successfully get the
> "BUSY" or "NO DIAL TONE" messages, however the modem now bleeps every second
> as it attempts to connect.

> I'd like to turn this beeping off when the target phone rings, but I don't
> get the "RING" message.  Any ideas why not?

IIRC RING is only when someone phones your modem, not when your modem phones
someone.

Alex.
--

WWW:    http://www.macfarlanesmith.freeserve.co.uk/

1. USR Message Modems - ?

Never seen one, but bear in mind that it may not be approved for
connection to the telephone system in this country. If in doubt, let a
dealer have a look at it.

--
 ______

| //\\ | The Lurkers' Retreat / Madoka's Crash Pages     aICQ UIN 15258170
|_/__\_| http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/madoka/          (ZFC A / CAPOW)

... You can make it foolproof. But you can't make it damn foolproof!

2. SAMPLES AND PCI64

3. Buffer full message using modems - help

4. BCP API HowTo in C# (or C++)?

5. Sportster Message Plus Modem

6. func-menu mode -- function name in modeline?

7. Acknowledgements - email

8. Broadcasts, acknowledgements, device claim protocol etc.

9. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11272

10. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11276

11. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11277