Genealogy

Post by Ted Robinso » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:50:50

 Hi.
  Does anybody know of a supplier of Genealogy software for the
  RiscPC.
  In anticipation; thanks
--
 Regards...
Ted Robinson

Genealogy

http://www.alexwaugh.com/

--

 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
 then programming must be the process of putting them in.

Genealogy

--
Barry Walsh
Compliment three people every day

Genealogy

Post by Reg Hem » Sun, 05 May 2002 05:38:00

>>   Does anybody know of a supplier of Genealogy software for the
>>   RiscPC.
> http://www.alexwaugh.com/

I have used !Family by Denis Howe for the last few years. It is now at
version 2.24 (Sep 2000) and can be downloaded as a 115K Zip archive from:

       http://www.pennine.demon.co.uk/family/downloads.htm

It can handle GEDCOM files.

There are a few useful Gedcom utilities (!ReadGed, !CheckGed, !Ged-Web,
!SplitDraw) on Rosemary Miskin's website (one of the maintainers of !Family)

            www.argonet.co.uk/users/miskin --> genealogy

and there is a link to the 'pennine' site.

Try it. You won't be disappointed.

* What are lawyers but noisy, chattering jades - Petrarch (a notary's son)
--
Reg Hems  ZFC LXX \_
BBC B Micro Iss.3&7 \_

Genealogy

Post by Matthias Seifer » Mon, 06 May 2002 02:00:17

> >>   Does anybody know of a supplier of Genealogy software for the
> >>   RiscPC.
> > http://www.alexwaugh.com/
> I have used !Family by Denis Howe for the last few years.

Oh, I have started my Genealogy reasearch with !Family but then reached
the point when I had to notice that it doesn't fit my needs anymore. After
a lot of searching and trying out I now have changed to (the German
version of) FamilyTreeMaker (once developed by Broderbund) on a Windows
notebook...

--

| | |   _, _|__|_ |)   '  _,   ,   | 258 MB RAM, >100 GB HD, RISC OS 4.02
| | |  / |  |  |  |/\  | / |  / \  | ------------------------------------
| | |_/\/|_/|_/|_/|  |/|/\/|_/ \/  | http://www.software-evolutions.de

Genealogy

Post by Duncan MacCallu » Mon, 06 May 2002 05:32:39

> > > http://www.alexwaugh.com/

> > I have used !Family by Denis Howe for the last few years.

> Oh, I have started my Genealogy reasearch with !Family but then reached
> the point when I had to notice that it doesn't fit my needs anymore. After
> a lot of searching and trying out I now have changed to (the German
> version of) FamilyTreeMaker (once developed by Broderbund) on a Windows
> notebook...

Sad but true, to do any serious recording of family history records you have
to make the move over to PC side.
Given that genealogy is reckoned to be biggest reason why folk use the net
RO land has really not kept pace over the years.

--
Duncan MacCallum

Genealogy

Post by David Lov » Tue, 07 May 2002 18:05:42

> > Sad but true, to do any serious recording of family history records you
> > have to make the move over to PC side. Given that genealogy is reckoned to
> > be biggest reason why folk use the net RO land has really not kept pace
> > over the years.

> If there were more hours in the day, I'd probably get my Sorte finished! :-(

> See http://www.vigay.com/cgi-bin/r?a=sorte for more info.

Yes.  I'm still waiting.  Haven't gone over to the dark side, yet :-)

David
--

Genealogy

Post by Roger Pennicear » Tue, 07 May 2002 17:09:39

Quote:>  Hi.
>   Does anybody know of a supplier of Genealogy software for the
>   RiscPC.
>   In anticipation; thanks

Ancestor+ from APDL has so far met my needs with a few niggles but at
least this program is still being developed.

Roger

--

1. Which genealogy application is used for genealogy but also to generate web pages on the local hard drive which can then be published to the web with FP or FTP ?

Which genealogy application is used for genealogy but also to generate web
pages on the local hard drive which can then be published to the web with FP
or FTP ?  This may or may not work...  Worked for me in times past - the
past is never dead. It's not even past.  I appreciate all the help in these
Microsoft Forums.

Thank you - Remove NOSPAM to reply with email
http://www.adamsappleamerica.com

Jeff Cooking Creole Cajun in Louisiana -
There is no saturation point in Education -

2. Creation of a WPS object for a WinOS2 program (was: Re: MS Word document viewer)

3. Genealogy

4. ANN: Update on comp.ai status, posting delays

5. Need Advice About Amiga Genealogy Software

6. Licence Service Hanging

7. Genealogy

8. Identify X11 chinese font -cbs-song-medium-etcetcetc

9. Genealogy program suggestions

10. Genealogy program for he Amiga?

11. Genealogy program wanted desperately!!!!!!!

12. genealogy - winfam --> gedcom ??

13. OS/2 Genealogy program?