Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by Brian Ferri » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:08:14

Hi
Has anyone else had problems getting hold of the
latest Acorn User when it is due out at their
local newsagent, even when its on order ?
The last three/four issues I dont get it until
a week later. I know I can get a subscription but
I want to support my local newsagent as such and
I think the problem lies with WHS the distributes
his magazines. But I'm losing the incentive to keep
with it ?
I contacted Tau Press and said Smith's were crap, but
that doesnt help me. It's a real problem. They
are letting them down.
I used to work for WHS and they couldnt even supply
their stores very well, hence a headache for them
thus wishing to get rid of Wholesale ??

Brian
--
Using ARM Based technology without needing Windoze...

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by John Cartmel » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:00:08

> Has anyone else had problems getting hold of the latest Acorn User
> when it is due out at their local newsagent, even when its on order ?
> The last three/four issues I dont get it until a week later.

I got my copy of AU yesterday (through my letter box) and noticed (today)
that they were in Smiths in the Trafford Centre (plenty of copies, eye
level, top shelf - in full view).

*** Note to spouses finding loved one slumped in front of computer ***

He/she has just had a shock. Hot sweet tea and TLC should revive; in case
of doubt administer brandy and/or whisky to taste.      ;-)

--
John Cartmell - Manchester, UK

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by Dbproacti » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:25:22

I suppose Acorn User could come up with a 'pay as you go' subscription. In
other words, you make a standing order to your bank, to pay Tau Press whatever
the issue price is a month, on a certain date. When they receive it on time the
issue goes out.

Doubt it'd be managable though.

---
David Bradforth

RiscCAD - Sleuth 3 - Easy C++ - TypeStudio
RiscCAD CD-ROM edition - launching 26/2/2001

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by Daniel Jone » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 05:19:56

I have problems with getting it at WHS, usually get it a week after also!
never mind,

Daniel Jones.

One pee cee, two acorns

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by Willie Stot » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:10:44

> I have problems with getting it at WHS, usually get it a week after also!
> never mind,

I've haven't seen it in W.H.Smith milton Keynes since November.

Quote:> Daniel Jones.

> One pee cee, two acorns

That's just greed :)

Willie
--

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by Dbproacti » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:02:42

Quote:> > One pee cee, two acorns

> That's just greed :)

I'm greedier...

---
David Bradforth

RiscCAD - Sleuth 3 - Easy C++ - TypeStudio - Masterfile III

Getting hold of Acorn User

Post by John Cartmel » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:22:24

> > I have problems with getting it at WHS, usually get it a week after
> > also! never mind,

> I've haven't seen it in W.H.Smith milton Keynes since November.

It's been on time for the last few months (at least).
The March issue was in the shops on 22 Feb and April's is due 22 Mar

Issues before that were on 25 Jan and 21 Dec (but when that got on the
shelves depends on the shop!)

--
John Cartmell - Manchester, UK

1. Getting hold of Wimp task handles

When buried deep in the bowels of a module implementing a toolbox gadget,
is there any way of getting hold of the wimp task handle for the current
task?

I'd like to register some postfilters in an efficient manner and I can't
work out how.

Regards

Tom
--
T. R. Tanner             email: T, T, E and H Tann(er), who use Argonet,
StrongArmed & Dangerous  a UK Company,to supply their internet access

... CERN : Could Eventually Reveal Nothing

2. StyleWriter Power Supply

3. Acorn User mag getting better but the WWW site sucks!

4. CD Writer SW for Solaris?

5. Acorn User: getting better by the issue.

6. Info Wanted on Displaying Elevation Data

7. Manchester Acorn User Group (Was Acorn users in Manches

8. Best Tetris clone available at amiga.physik.unizh.ch

9. Acorn User and email (was: Acorn User CD - Lack Of)

10. FS Acorn User & Risc User

11. Free: RISC User, Acorn User

12. Acorn User / Micro User mags.

13. Acorn User + Linux User