RISCOS 4.39 Star Commands HTML list

Post by Andy Wingat » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 05:52:07

(As seen on c.s.a.announce)

Quote:> By kind permission of RISC OS Ltd my web-site at:

> www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps

Or perhaps <URL:http://www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html>

Quote:> now contains an HTML version of the Star Command list included with

--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.

Post by Jonathan Lupto » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:27:25

Quote:> By kind permission of RISC OS Ltd my web-site at:

> www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps

<snip>

!NetSurf couldn't find this URL... but it can find
www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html

--
Jonathan Lupton

www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html seems to work better

Quote:> now contains an HTML version of the Star Command list included with
> the RO4.39 ROMs.

> The content of the list is exactly as issued by RISCOS with the
> addition of more user-friendly formatting and an alphabetical
> contents list of live links.

> (As a matter of possible interest, the tedious work was done by my
> !meDDLe application, which is also available at the above site.)

Useful list

--

         http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net  Using RISC OS 5.11

RISCOS 4.39 Star Commands HTML list

Post by John » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:36:22

Quote:> !NetSurf couldn't find this URL... but it can find
> www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html

NetSurf on my Iyonix can't navigate using the 'To Start of
Index' links. It just redraws the page with the same
content in it without going to the anchor. Anyone else
found this?

John

--
John

j dot mccartney atte blueyonder dot co dot uk

Post by Ian Lowr » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:06:15

>> !NetSurf couldn't find this URL... but it can find
>> www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html

> NetSurf on my Iyonix can't navigate using the 'To Start of
> Index' links. It just redraws the page with the same
> content in it without going to the anchor. Anyone else
> found this?

> John

Hi
Look at the file in a text editor and you will see line 17 as below

You need to change the uppercase 'I' and 'L' to lowercase t match the
anchor on line 54. The link will now work.

Hwyl
Ian

--

The weaker the figures, the more elaborate the graphics need to be.

Post by John » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:44:28

> > NetSurf on my Iyonix can't navigate using the 'To Start
> > of Index' links. It just redraws the page with the same
> > content in it without going to the anchor. Anyone else
> > found this?
> Hi Look at the file in a text editor and you will see
> line 17 as below
> You need to change the uppercase 'I' and 'L' to lowercase
> t match the anchor on line 54. The link will now work.

Thanks Ian. I wonder if this is a problem with meDDLe. I've
e-mailed Ray to point out the difficulty it creates with
NetSurf.

There were 380 instances of the problem. Not any more!

John

--
John

j dot mccartney atte blueyonder dot co dot uk

RISCOS 4.39 Star Commands HTML list

Post by Ian Lowr » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:32:10

Quote:

>> Hi Look at the file in a text editor and you will see
>> line 17 as below

>> You need to change the uppercase 'I' and 'L' to lowercase
>> t match the anchor on line 54. The link will now work.

> Thanks Ian. I wonder if this is a problem with meDDLe. I've
> e-mailed Ray to point out the difficulty it creates with
> NetSurf.

> There were 380 instances of the problem. Not any more!

> John

Ahh! Sorry about that. I went with a superficial solution to the
immediate problem and didn't explore further. If I had i would have
suggested changing the case of line 54 to uppercase - which allows all
the links to work.

Hwyl
Ian

--

In nuclear warfare all men are cremated equal.

Post by John » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 01:14:49

> > There were 380 instances of the problem. Not any more!
> Ahh! Sorry about that.

Gosh, don't apologise - you led me to the solution.

Quote:> I went with a superficial solution to the immediate
> problem and didn't explore further. If I had i would have
> suggested changing the case of line 54 to uppercase -
> which allows all the links to work.

Ah, that's something I didn't know about HTML, or if I did,
I'd forgotten. Thanks again.

John

--

Post by n.. » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:02:36

> By kind permission of RISC OS Ltd my web-site at:

> www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps

> now contains an HTML version of the Star Command list included with
> the RO4.39 ROMs.

How come you've provided it as an archive that has to be downloaded,
then uncompressed, then saved somewhere, then opened... in a web
browser?

Why not just have it as a normal online resource?

Adam

Post by Ray Favr » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:14:41

> > By kind permission of RISC OS Ltd my web-site at:

> > www.rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps

> > now contains an HTML version of the Star Command list included
> > with the RO4.39 ROMs.
> How come you've provided it as an archive that has to be
> downloaded, then uncompressed, then saved somewhere, then opened...
> in a web browser?
> Why not just have it as a normal online resource?

(I did not previously subscribe to this newsgroup but did so when
someone told me of this thread. So I've missed some items...)

However, I picked up this query.

Thanks for asking.

No strong reason other than the 'dwapps' site is normally used for
downloading stuff for off-line use and I felt that anyone interested
in this list would probably wish similarly to have their own copy on
hand.

Also, I provided it as a 'one off' service i.e. I am not
committing myself to keeping it available on my site for all time nor
updating it. So enjoy while you can! :-)

--

  Web site at: <http://www.rayfavre.me.uk/>
  Tel: (+44) (0)1895 444410

Post by Dr Wim » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 02:35:55

> > > There were 380 instances of the problem. Not any more!
> > Ahh! Sorry about that.
> Gosh, don't apologise - you led me to the solution.
> > I went with a superficial solution to the immediate problem and
> > didn't explore further. If I had i would have suggested changing
> > the case of line 54 to uppercase - which allows all the links to
> > work.
> Ah, that's something I didn't know about HTML, or if I did, I'd
> forgotten. Thanks again.

I've just caught up with the start of this thread (from Google
Groups) and I thought I should let you know that my web-site now has
a corrected version which should clear the problem for others.

[For those interested, it actually wasn't a !meDDLe issue. It was my
own carelessness in the only bit of manual tweaking I needed to do.
Apologies to all.]

--
Regards from Ray Favre. Home of books "Starting Basic" and
  "Dr Wimp's Surgery" and support of the Dr Wimp freeware package.
  Web site at: <http://www.rayfavre.me.uk/>

RISCOS 4.39 Star Commands HTML list

Post by Stefaan Clae » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 05:59:58

[snip]

Quote:> I've just caught up with the start of this thread (from Google
> Groups) and I thought I should let you know that my web-site now has
> a corrected version which should clear the problem for others.
> [For those interested, it actually wasn't a !meDDLe issue. It was my
> own carelessness in the only bit of manual tweaking I needed to do.
> Apologies to all.]

No problem ;-)

BTW: there is another (tiny) problem. You have used strings of 0x98 to
separate the *commands but 0x98 is not a valid Latin-1 code.

Why not use the underscore char instead? (0x5F)

--

Post by Dr Wim » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:09:14

> > I've just caught up with the start of this thread (from Google
> > Groups) and I thought I should let you know that my web-site now
> > has a corrected version which should clear the problem for others.
> > [For those interested, it actually wasn't a !meDDLe issue. It was
> > my own carelessness in the only bit of manual tweaking I needed
> > to do. Apologies to all.]
> No problem ;-)
> BTW: there is another (tiny) problem. You have used strings of 0x98
> to separate the *commands but 0x98 is not a valid Latin-1 code.
> Why not use the underscore char instead? (0x5F)

Thanks for that - I hadn't realised it.

I see what happened now: when I dragged the original RISCOS text-file
into OPro (to get to a DDL file for !meDDLe) the ordinary dashes 0x2D
were all converted to 0x98 and I didn't notice that.

I've changed them all to the original ordinary dashes and uploaded it
again.

--
Regards from Ray Favre. Home of books "Starting Basic" and
  "Dr Wimp's Surgery" and support of the Dr Wimp freeware package.
  Web site at: <http://www.rayfavre.me.uk/>

1. Installing RiscOS 4.39 - Another query

I notice that the "Save Desktop Boot File" option has disappeared from
4.39's Task Menu.  Anyone have any idea how to get the same effect, apart
from the rather "manual" method using the Boot option in Configure?

RogerH

--
Roger Hird

http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/roger.hird
Running Voyager 2.07 and RISCOS 4.39 on an Acorn StrongARM RiscPC

2. Valve problem (longstanding)

3. Installing RiscOS 4.39 - query

4. Client Install

5. DataAbort on Softload of Select (4.39)

6. How much is it to upgrade USR Sportster to V.34?

7. 4.39 How do you...

8. sslloooww 4.39

9. Saving a Desktop boot file under RISC OS 4.39

10. RO 4.39 compatibility

11. RISC OS 4.39 Upgrade

12. 4.39 boot into viewfinder mode