Triton Chipset on a Pentium 100mhz Mother Board

Post by Fred Bambrou » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> This is my first time entering a message in c.s.a.h. So if I have
> the wrong NewsGroup for this topic please pardon me.

> I am upgrading my 486dx66 mother board, and buying a new mother board

It's nice to know the Acorn newsgroups are becoming well known even if
most of the world doesn't know the computers. :-)

You're quite right. This is the wrong newsgroup. Try
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems or comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

--

                                                   PGP public key available

Post by Velvee » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

This is my first time entering a message in c.s.a.h. So if I have
the wrong NewsGroup for this topic please pardon me.

I am upgrading my 486dx66 mother board, and buying a new mother board
and processor. the mother board is a Standard PCI board with the
chipset (TRITON) with 512k burst pipeline and I will be adding a
Pentium 100mhz processor.

I would like to know if anyone recomends TRITON chipset.
Also planning on getting the STEALTH 64 PCI as a vedio card.

Hardware I am have now is:

486DX66 SIS Chipset, Award Bios.
16 Meg SIMM 60ns
Quantum lighting 1.2 gig IDE
Quantum lighting 850 IDE
Trident 9440 Video Card PCI

I will be using it for Editing pictures that I scan and using
TrueSpace and possible 3D-Studios.

Thanks in advance. for your patience and Time.

Triton Chipset on a Pentium 100mhz Mother Board

Post by Bryan Wel » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> This is my first time entering a message in c.s.a.h. So if I have
> the wrong NewsGroup for this topic please pardon me.

You are pardoned.

Quote:> I am upgrading my 486dx66 mother board, and buying a new mother board
> and processor. the mother board is a Standard PCI board with the
> chipset (TRITON) with 512k burst pipeline and I will be adding a
> Pentium 100mhz processor.

> I would like to know if anyone recomends TRITON chipset.

Nope, unless I was recomending someone to buy a pentium.

Quote:> Also planning on getting the STEALTH 64 PCI as a vedio card.

> Hardware I am have now is:

> 486DX66 SIS Chipset, Award Bios.
> 16 Meg SIMM 60ns
> Quantum lighting 1.2 gig IDE
> Quantum lighting 850 IDE
> Trident 9440 Video Card PCI

> I will be using it for Editing pictures that I scan and using
> TrueSpace and possible 3D-Studios.

> Thanks in advance. for your patience and Time.

No problem

Bryan

BTW:  This may have been better if you posted it into a PC news group.

|            Eternity is a long time when your shoes are wet.            |
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

... No artist sees reality, if he did he wouldn't be an artist.

1. SA based controller/Mother boards for home built computer??????

Hi I'm interested in finding Strong Arm based microcontroller/
motherboard products so I can put together my own home/portable
computers.

The boards must be able to run Risc OS and be able to run the Windows
emaultor.

I am also interested in the PCI based Strong Arm card I heard about,that
plugs into an existing motherboard.  Does anybody have details, I heard
there was a parrallel version?

I am also interested in any low power ARM (7XXX) boards with colour
capability suitable for portable equipement that runs Risc OS and
Windows emulator.

The idea is to use existing parts and put together a computer (as they do
with the PC) but in a better looking format and run Risc OS and Windows
programs.  Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Wayne Morellini.

2. Gray margin ??

3. Was: Risc PC Mother board.

4. Changing HDD in Libretto

5. Connections to LK14 on RiscPC mother board

6. Can BC Unix, C, WWW developers needed (Contracts)

7. SA based controller/Mother boards for home built computer??????

8. Ideal Time Slice for AS400

9. Risc PC mother-board

10. MkIII mother board and sound

11. Risc PC Mother board.

12. WTD: RPC mother board

13. TRITON Development Kit Based on the Xcale