Keeping the Using Acorns for Internet Access FAQ alive, plan #2

Keeping the Using Acorns for Internet Access FAQ alive, plan #2

Post by David McMull » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: The plan is that I will keep overall control of the FAQ, but
: elicit help from other people for various sections.  There's no
: money available, of course, but perhaps a little glory (shouldn't
: that be notoriety?  Ed. :) ).

There is a version of the FAQ currently on
        http://moonlite.foobar.co.uk/Acorn/FAQ/
I intend adding my own comments/hints to this as my Arc net connection is
via the serial port of my 386, as it has an internal modem which I can't
use directly..... I will be (soon, I promise) be adding a bit about
setting this up as it was a bit of a sod to do....

: In particular, there's nothing (or very little) in the FAQ about
: Tom's FreeNet, Doggysoft's Termite, ANT's Suite, and Acorn's latest
: offerings.

If I get the time/inspiration I may add a bit about FreeNet to my copy of
the FAQ...... the problem is I don't know a great deal about FreeNet
myself...

Dave.
--
http://moonlite.foobar.co.uk/

1. Keeping the Using Acorns for Internet Access FAQ alive, plan #2

OK; having had no response to my first plan, and since I really do not
want to let the FAQ die without trace, I have come up with a second
cunning plan, which may prove more workable.

The plan is that I will keep overall control of the FAQ, but
elicit help from other people for various sections.  There's no
money available, of course, but perhaps a little glory (shouldn't
that be notoriety?  Ed. :) ).

In particular, there's nothing (or very little) in the FAQ about
Tom's FreeNet, Doggysoft's Termite, ANT's Suite, and Acorn's latest
offerings.

Similarly, with the newsreaders and WWW sections, it'd be nice to
have someone for each package to write hints-and-help sections as
appropriate.  I just don't have the time to use all of them
properly.

Basically, if you see any section you feel you could take over, or
if you can think of a section that is not already present that you

and I'll talk it over with you in more detail.

Thanks for your time,
Kev.

--
All comments, suggestions etc. relating to the "Using Acorns on the

Kevin F. Quinn

A posting in c.s.a.a does not constitute endorsement by Acorn Computers Ltd.

2. LOOKING FOR SOFTWARES and/or COMPANIE

3. 36MHz Xtals

4. Using Acorns for Internet Access FAQ; new author sought

5. Boeing 747-400 Performance Specifications

6. FAQ Reminder: Using Acorns for Internet Access

7. Delayed Write Error on Windows 2000

8. FAQ: Using Acorns for Internet Access, Issue 7

9. FAQ: Using Acorns for Internet Access

10. FAQ: Using Acorns for Internet Access, issue 6

11. FAQ: Using Acorns for Internet Access

12. FAQ Reminder: Using Acorns for Internet Access