Draw Paint and Edit will not work after StrongArm Installation

Draw Paint and Edit will not work after StrongArm Installation

Post by Ritchi » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have just installed a StrongArm on a RISC PC running RO4

Draw Paint and Edit no longer run, giving an error message

Internal Error, trap while in trap handler:
Illegal Instruction  pc = 2003F2C8:
Registers at 0003C554

This is for Draw, but similar messages for paint and edit.

Draw Paint and Edit will not work after StrongArm Installation

Post by Martin Longle » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have just installed a StrongArm on a RISC PC running RO4
> Draw Paint and Edit no longer run, giving an error message
> Internal Error, trap while in trap handler:
> Illegal Instruction  pc = 2003F2C8:
> Registers at 0003C554
> This is for Draw, but similar messages for paint and edit.

Sounds like the StrongARM timing problem. How many Simms do you have? If 2,
try swapping them. If that doesn't help then contact Reflex.

Martin Longley

--

Post by Sebastian Mau » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > I have just installed a StrongArm on a RISC PC running RO4

> > Draw Paint and Edit no longer run, giving an error message

> > Internal Error, trap while in trap handler:
> > Illegal Instruction  pc = 2003F2C8:
> > Registers at 0003C554

> > This is for Draw, but similar messages for paint and edit.

> Sounds like the StrongARM timing problem. How many Simms do you have? If 2,
> try swapping them. If that doesn't help then contact Reflex.

If it only affects the 'ROM' apps it rather looks like he's using old
versions of them, i.e. those that came with RO 3.X. And if it really is a
timing problem, then it is properly called RISC PC timing problem as it is
triggered by the RISC PC board.

Gruesse, regards,
             -Sebastian-
--
Dieser Bescheid wurde nicht maschinell erstellt.
Er ist ohne Unterschrift gueltig.

1. Edit, Paint, Draw

HELP,

I'm desperately seeking apps which
can compare to these acorn apps
for the pc. I particularly want
an editor which is capable of
wild card search/replaces!!

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Is the source for !Zap available
somewhere? If so, I might have a go
at porting it to the pc...

Also - does anyone fancy selling me a
cheap arc (spec doesn't matter)

Nathan
------

2. Frontier Cheat Summary (open your buffer)

3. Edit, Draw, Paint etc. for RISC OS 3.5?

4. Epson Stylus 800 vs. 600

5. Strongarm not working properly

6. Java standard for interapplication events/messaging?

7. !Paint/!Draw under RISC-OS3.7

8. OS2 <-> Linux ???

9. Jeeni Works with ARM 7, 9 But Not with StrongArm / XSCALE

10. REQ (and swaps) : Chemistry Clip art files (draw/paint)

11. Re Risc 3.5 to 3.6 Draw & Paint won't Load

12. Help Risc OS 3.6 and Paint & Draw

13. Draw Works JPEG export