Access+ IPs and Internet

Post by Neil Greatore » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

If I put a network which used a combination of Access+ and Windows NT
Server (via OmniClient) on the Internet, with a router, I would have
problems with the fact that our Access+ network uses IP addresses in the
range of 1.x.x.x. Is this correct? I presume I could overcome this by
using a proxy server instead. Could I?

TIA
Neil Greatorex
The Crookhorn Community School
--

"Watch out, smile and be hospitalized, laugh and be institutionalized"
          http://www.athenenet.co.uk/homepages/greatorex/

Access+ IPs and Internet

Post by Daniel Pea » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>If I put a network which used a combination of Access+ and Windows NT
>Server (via OmniClient) on the Internet, with a router, I would have
>problems with the fact that our Access+ network uses IP addresses in the
>range of 1.x.x.x. Is this correct? I presume I could overcome this by
>using a proxy server instead. Could I?

If you have your own internet domain, and you install a *full* internet
stack on the machines configured with valid internet addresses, and
solve all the problems concerning getting it to coexist peacefully with
Access (q.v. ad nauseum) , then Access will pick up the real internet
addresses in place of 1.x.x.x.

--
Daniel Pead