CD ROM changer problem

CD ROM changer problem

Post by Barry Wicket » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00



I have a Pioneer CD-ROM changer (DRM-604X).

It connects through the SCSI port.

I even have the relevant driver module.

It used to work, but doesn't seem to work the same now. I haven't used
it for a while and I expect boot sequence has changed etc.

It works fine when connected to a PC :-(

It even plays auido CDs (with a click on the CD's icon).

When I try to look at a CD the changer changes the CD correctly, spins
it round and boom - I get the 'target status - check condition' error.

Has anybody got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Surely if the box is changing the correct CD then the connection should
be okay.

--
Barry Wickett, Systems Co-ordinator
TECHNIQUEST                            T +44 (0) 1222 475475
Cardiff CF1 6BW                        F +44 (0) 1222 482517

 
 
 

CD ROM changer problem

Post by Herbert zur Nedd » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00


Barry Wickett schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:>I have a Pioneer CD-ROM changer (DRM-604X).

>It connects through the SCSI port.

>I even have the relevant driver module.

>It used to work, but doesn't seem to work the same now. I haven't used
>it for a while and I expect boot sequence has changed etc.

>It works fine when connected to a PC :-(

>It even plays auido CDs (with a click on the CD's icon).

>When I try to look at a CD the changer changes the CD correctly, spins
>it round and boom - I get the 'target status - check condition' error.

>Has anybody got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

>Surely if the box is changing the correct CD then the connection should
>be okay.

What SCSI card? I have a Changer (at home) and it works with Power-tec.



 
 
 

CD ROM changer problem

Post by Chris Walke » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00


X-Newsreader: ANT RISCOS Marcel [ver 1.26]



> I have a Pioneer CD-ROM changer (DRM-604X).

> It connects through the SCSI port.

> I even have the relevant driver module.

> It used to work, but doesn't seem to work the same now. I haven't used
> it for a while and I expect boot sequence has changed etc.

The new boot sequence has re-initted the ATAPI driver?

--
Remove NO-SPAM. to reply to the author via email.

       _          .------------------------------------------.

/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |   http://www.wymondham.demon.co.uk       |
\__\__,_|\_/\_/   |__________________________________________|

 
 
 

CD ROM changer problem

Post by Barry Wicket » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00




> X-Newsreader: ANT RISCOS Marcel [ver 1.26]



> > I have a Pioneer CD-ROM changer (DRM-604X).

> > It connects through the SCSI port.

> > I even have the relevant driver module.

> > It used to work, but doesn't seem to work the same now. I haven't used
> > it for a while and I expect boot sequence has changed etc.

> The new boot sequence has re-initted the ATAPI driver?

No, it can't be this because the internal CD drive works fine.

--
Barry Wickett, Systems Co-ordinator
TECHNIQUEST                            T +44 (0) 1222 475475
Cardiff CF1 6BW                        F +44 (0) 1222 482517

 
 
 

CD ROM changer problem

Post by Stuart Bel » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00



Quote:> > The new boot sequence has re-initted the ATAPI driver?

> No, it can't be this because the internal CD drive works fine.

Are you sure there isn't a clash of soft-loaded drivers?

--
Stuart Bell - change nospam to argonet to email responses to news.
Running an Acorn Risc PC, a Mac Color Classic and an Apple
PowerBook 100 in a Wintel-free Zone.

 
 
 

1. Using NEC 4X4c 4 CD changer CD-ROM drives with Risc PC.

Has anyone got one of these working with a Risc PC? I have spoken to a
couple of Acorn dealers that carry CD_ROM drives.

Castle Techonology said that 'they could get them in, but that I'd need to
speak to a person who was on holiday at the moment'.

EESOX said, 'We don't touch NEC CD drives, as we don't think they're very
good - not at all reliable, so we wouldn't sell you one anyway.'

I thought one of these would be (if EESOX are wrong!) particularly suited
to use on Arcade BBS, so we could have the two Risc Discs and the Two AU
discs, or two datafile CDs all available without physically changing them,
with suitable adjuststments to the CD-Door access software etc...

Any comments on this particular drive or the reliability of NEC drives in
general?

Regards,

DaviD :-##
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | The Archimedes Bulletin Board in London |
|    A    R    C    A    D    E    | +44(0)181 654 2212 (4 lines) Croydon, UK|

2. TopMost Window in MS VisualBasic

3. : Re. CD ROM 32xSpeed 'Bad Parameter & No CD' problem.

4. Problem using Informix and PB

5. CD-ROM drive compatibility, was CD-ROM in A7000 help

6. NW4.11 & NW5 comm problem in DSREPAIR

7. CD Changer Controller Available

8. Can I protect

9. SCSI CD multi changer.

10. CD Auto-changer + Acorn?

11. CD-Changer ATAPI

12. CD-Rom on RiscPC Problem

13. CD-Rom Drive problem