Acorn User and email (was: Acorn User CD - Lack Of)

Acorn User and email (was: Acorn User CD - Lack Of)

Post by Frank de Bruij » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:48:25

Quote:> I'm told it will be there soon. I'll put a notice here as soon as I know
> it's up and running. As far as the justice of it is concerned, I agree;
> perhaps there are alternatives - I'll pass on any ideas to Tau Press.

Then maybe you could pass on the idea that not responding to emails from
paying customers is arrogant and ill-mannered...

Regards,
Frank

Post by Frank de Bruij » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:11:07

>> There are lots of possibilities for the future. AU are listening to all
>> the ideas.
> Are they?

In my experience they're not listening at all. At least not to emails.

Quote:> How come my emails to them are never answered

Same here. Never received the August 2001 issue. Sent a number of emails to

Quote:> and when I've phoned the person who answers has been non-committal as
> to whether anything can be done - I never did get the CD with the NASA
> planets data on it, despite repeated requests (it was missing from the
> packet when my subscription copy arrived).
> If AU aren't going to answer emails why do they publish email addresses
> at the start of the mag?

Indeed.

Quote:> Do they pay attention to ordinary letters?

Good question. Does anyone know the answer?

Quote:> I don't equate paying-to-download with free-CD either.

Neither do I.

Actually, I'm quite p*ssed. I was rather disappointed with the contents of
the July 2001 CD and when it was time to renew my subscription, I thought
long and hard before I decided to give them one more chance. Ah well, no
such doubts next time...

I don't understand how any company can justify the arrogance of completely
ignoring emailed complaints from their paying customers. Forcing them to
spend more money on something they already payed for doesn't seem like a
decent thing to do either...

Regards,
Frank

Post by Steve Fryat » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:02:17

> > I'm told it will be there soon. I'll put a notice here as soon as I
> > know it's up and running. As far as the justice of it is concerned, I
> > agree; perhaps there are alternatives - I'll pass on any ideas to Tau
> > Press.

> Then maybe you could pass on the idea that not responding to emails from
> paying customers is arrogant and ill-mannered...

We've tried that already, I'm afraid.  I'm still waiting...

--
Steve Fryatt - Glasgow, Scotland

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

1. Acorn User CD - Lack Of

I have just received the October issue of Acorn User which whilst slim
does contain a lot of interesting items.

I am a little disturbed that there is an announcement that no more AU
CDs will be issued and that, in future, there will be available on the
AU Website for download.

This seems a very practical step to save costs. However there are a
couple of things which trouble me.

    1.  The is no reduction of the cover price, nor extension of
        subscription period.

    2.  When I re-subscribed I was promised a CD every three months.

    3.  Presumably non-subscribers will be able to download these CD
        images without having contributed to their costs.

I know that Steve and Co at TAU Press need to keep their costs down,
but I do not see why as a subscriber to Acorn User ever since No.1
should have to subsidise those people who are too mean to buy their
own copy.

You can call me a miserable sourold git, but that is how I feel! !

Mike.

--

    Any opinions in this email are entirely my own personal views

2. question about ANY content models

3. Manchester Acorn User Group (Was Acorn users in Manches

4. CW include file error

5. FS Acorn User & Risc User

6. Position in theory and practice of programming languages

7. Free: RISC User, Acorn User

8. W2K DC NETWORK BROWER PROBLEMS ???? URGENT...HELP...

9. Acorn User / Micro User mags.

10. Acorn User + Linux User

11. WTD: Acorn User & Micro User Magazines

12. Acorn User / Linux User ads