Printing puzzle

Post by Richard Hal » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:33:19

Hi,
For the past 12 months or so, (after my HP660c died), I've been using a
Canon BJC3000 to print from my RiscPC (OS 3.7) without problems. I've been
using Printers v1.54 and the BJC-4000 pdf. Suddenly without any sort of
warning, I can't print anything at all. !Printers loads as usual on booting
up but when I click to print any document I've been working on, the egg
timer starts and then nothing else happens. The printer seems to make all
the usual noises when it's switched on, I've checked the configuration,
deleted & reinstalled !Printers and even put in a new parallel cable -all to
no avail. Is there anything else I can/should check, or is it time to try
some other approach .. and if so, what should that be?
All help gratefully acknowledged.
Richard Hall

--
    _                     _________________________________________
   / \._._ |_  _     _  /'       Orpheus Internet Services

Printing puzzle

Post by Ben Cric » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:53:48

>  For the past 12 months or so, (after my HP660c died), I've been using a
>  Canon BJC3000 to print from my RiscPC (OS 3.7) without problems. I've
>  been
>  using Printers v1.54 and the BJC-4000 pdf. Suddenly without any sort of
>  warning, I can't print anything at all. !Printers loads as usual on
>  booting
>  up but when I click to print any document I've been working on, the egg
>  timer starts and then nothing else happens. The printer seems to make all
>  the usual noises when it's switched on, I've checked the configuration,
>  deleted & reinstalled !Printers and even put in a new parallel cable -all
>  no avail. Is there anything else I can/should check, or is it time to try
>  some other approach .. and if so, what should that be?
>  All help gratefully acknowledged.

 My BJC4000 died last year after the ink channels all got clogged up
 with dried ink. This was probably because I used a cheapo refilled ink
 cartridge instead of buying another new Canon expensive cartridge.

 Did you try a Power-On auto printout test?  Cleaning the heads several
 times?

 An American friend of mine bought a printer for about $80, then found
 that replacement ink cartridges cost $90!  It was cheaper to junk the
 almost new printer and buy another, than to replace the ink cartridges!

 I now have a Canon i560, but the Drivers on the RPC700 won't drive
 it, so I have to transfer documents to the Iyo and print them from
 there.

 Ask Chris Evans of CJE Micros about Drivers for RISCOS printers.
 Don't buy another printer until you know you can drive it!

 Ben

--
    _                     __________________________________________
   / \._._ |_  _     _  /'       Orpheus Internet Services
   \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> /          'Internet for Everyone'
_______ | ___________./       http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk

 232 Canterbury Road, Birchington on sea, Kent CT7 9TD (UK)
 Acorn RPC700 Kinetic RO4.03 and Castle Iyonix X100 RO 5.06 Ethernet
* Is your home Prayer Conditioned?

Printing puzzle

Post by Tim Hil » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:29:48

> >  For the past 12 months or so, (after my HP660c died), I've been
> >  using a Canon BJC3000 to print from my RiscPC (OS 3.7) without
> >  problems. I've been using Printers v1.54 and the BJC-4000 pdf.
> >  Suddenly without any sort of warning, I can't print anything at all.

[Snip]

Quote:>  My BJC4000 died last year after the ink channels all got clogged up
>  with dried ink. This was probably because I used a cheapo refilled ink
>  cartridge instead of buying another new Canon expensive cartridge.

I have not bought canon (or epson) for years. After several printers with
clogged plumbing and 'proper' cartridges I swore never to buy either
brand again. never had an incurable problem with an HP.

Quote:>  Did you try a Power-On auto printout test?  Cleaning the heads several
>  times?

And waste picolitres of the world's most expensive fluid.  ;-)

Quote:>  An American friend of mine bought a printer for about $80, then found
>  that replacement ink cartridges cost $90!  It was cheaper to junk the
>  almost new printer and buy another, than to replace the ink cartridges!

This is true of some colour lasers when the time arrives to replace all
colours and a drum.

--
* Cheap phone bills? Gift shopping? www.timil.com/usenet.php
* Spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk

... "There was never yet philosopher that could endure the toothache patiently" Much Ado, Act v, Sc.1

1. Printing fault - everything prints offset

I can only get applications to print about ten inches lower down the page
than they should so the top of the page appears in the bottom inch and
everything else is missing, or else its just a blank page.

Change history:

New hard disc installed so changed to E+ format
Installed clean !Boot to new disc and only copied in additions which were
still relevant including !CCshared stuff as running TurboDrivers

Was running v1.62 of !Printers with HP turbodriver - no output if file is
file is spooled to disc as PrintQFS now seems to crash spectacularly.

Have tried v1.62 with standard driver and v1.64 - same result in that I
can only get the offset page.

NB text printing works ok.

I have this nagging feeling I've been here before but cannot for the life
of me remember a cause or fix.

Anyone got an answer?  I'm trying to print out the Select form!

--
_____

  ||(_)
  ____)      White Knight on the Web - http://www.whitekt.demon.co.uk

2. FA: CodeWarrior 4 for Palm OS

3. Puzzle Game

4. Equation spacing in Tabular Enviroment

5. First minutes with my first Arch : impressed and puzzled

6. domain replacement

7. Static problem or Xmas puzzle?

8. View Border

9. Puzzling postings

10. Crossword puzzle generator?

11. Primesolver puzzles

12. Trivia puzzle

13. Irritated and puzzled by cross-posting