Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Tom Walle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Never under estimate the power of the Web... Look at the coverage
January 97's edition of the UK's leading PC mag has given Acorn....

Details - for those to poor to go out and purchase a copy... Or those
who simply can not handle the adverts..... on the usual Web url..

Thank you to all who E mailed from Tower's site.   At least one letter
has been published and the Editor has asked me to calm things down a
bit....  Oh dear,  did you cause a fuss..?

Bored?  Want to help educate other PC publications?   Try this tip.

Capture any pro Acorn Group Web page and save it in draw format...

Load it into your normal WP/DTP and edit if required and then fax
it to the newsdesk of the PC mag.... They then have no excuse to
not publish if it is a genuine news item....

together we can change the world....  or put up with Wintel and
more of the same "industry standard" stuff and watch UK technology
go down the plug hole.   Somehow I don't think you will allow that!

CU all at the Scottish Acorn Show Sunday Dec 8th details on

http://homepages.enterprise.net/rtodd/show.html

Tom Waller,

Tower Electronics Ltd, The Lewes, Main Street, Fyvie.
Turriff Aberdeenshire. 01651 069/785 or Fax/Data to 01651 891653

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Stuart Morri » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Never under estimate the power of the Web... Look at the coverage
> January 97's edition of the UK's leading PC mag has given Acorn....

> Details - for those to poor to go out and purchase a copy... Or those
> who simply can not handle the adverts..... on the usual Web url..

What is the 'usual Web url' of Computer Shopper, please?

--

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Stuart Morri » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

 Look at the coverage (Computer Shopper)

Quote:> January 97's edition of the UK's leading PC mag has given Acorn....

> Details -
>.... on the usual Web url..

Can you please tell me what is "the usual Webb url" of Computer Shopper?

--

Well Done Computer Shopper!

http://www.compshopper.co.uk

--

Tori Amos, Babylon5, the XFiles, DNA and my SA RPC
"If life gets any better than this, I'll be genuinly surprised"

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Tom Walle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Never under estimate the power of the Web... Look at the coverage
> > January 97's edition of the UK's leading PC mag has given Acorn....

> > Details - for those to poor to go out and purchase a copy... Or those
> > who simply can not handle the adverts..... on the usual Web url..

> What is the 'usual Web url' of Computer Shopper, please?

No point as they do not mention Acorn ART or ARM on it at all - I was
refering to my site below.   However being as it is you Stuart,

url... I used to have it as a hot page, but the PC adverts got up by
back.... Pcees...and more Pcees... with wintel and more wintel....
Pentiums and more Pentiums.....

Sums up PC mags really... anyone still using compuserve as a Web
site must be technically not very up with trends..... or don't mind
a slow connection that costs a lot after just 5 hours a month...

However with a few hundred Pro Acorn E mails every month that may
change.... and move to Argonet or Enterprise.....!

Regards,,,

Tom.

--
Tower Electronics Ltd, The Lewes, Main Street, Fyvie.
Turriff Aberdeenshire. 01651 069/785 or Fax/Data to 01651 891653

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Michael Barn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Never under estimate the power of the Web... Look at the coverage
>January 97's edition of the UK's leading PC mag has given Acorn....

>Details - for those to poor to go out and purchase a copy... Or those
>who simply can not handle the adverts..... on the usual Web url..

>Thank you to all who E mailed from Tower's site.   At least one letter
>has been published and the Editor has asked me to calm things down a
>bit....  Oh dear,  did you cause a fuss..?

>Bored?  Want to help educate other PC publications?   Try this tip.

>Capture any pro Acorn Group Web page and save it in draw format...

>Load it into your normal WP/DTP and edit if required and then fax
>it to the newsdesk of the PC mag.... They then have no excuse to
>not publish if it is a genuine news item....

Better still, why not send it to a politician?

Quote:>together we can change the world....  or put up with Wintel and
>more of the same "industry standard" stuff and watch UK technology
>go down the plug hole.   Somehow I don't think you will allow that!

--
"Among the gods, there is a dispute as to which one of them originally
thought of Christianity; or, as they call it, the Great Leg Pull. Apollo

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Michael Nola » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Reply to message from Stuart Morris

Quote:> > Details - for those to poor to go out and purchase a copy... Or those
> > who simply can not handle the adverts..... on the usual Web url..

> What is the 'usual Web url' of Computer Shopper, please?

What? You dont't know what the 'usual Web url' of Computer Shopper is?  I
thought everyone knew that!  Any one got any ideas?

--

Network Manager, Ormskirk Grammar School

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Ray Dawso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: Sums up PC mags really... anyone still using compuserve as a Web
: site must be technically not very up with trends..... or don't mind
: a slow connection that costs a lot after just 5 hours a month...

Well, if it's slower than Enterprise ....

I must admit that I have given up looking at .enterprise web sites unless I
really need to as they always seem to crawl into my browser.  I must admit
though, that I haven't looked at yours - I must try it when I have a spare
few minutes ;-)

Ray D

--

.===================================.
|   M a g R a y Document Services   | Ray Dawson Tel: 0181 864 7208

'===================================' http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/rayd

... If God didn't exist, we would need to invent him

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Tony Houghto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> : Sums up PC mags really... anyone still using compuserve as a Web
> : site must be technically not very up with trends..... or don't mind
> : a slow connection that costs a lot after just 5 hours a month...

> Well, if it's slower than Enterprise ....

> I must admit that I have given up looking at .enterprise web sites
> unless I really need to as they always seem to crawl into my browser.
> I must admit though, that I haven't looked at yours - I must try it
> when I have a spare few minutes ;-)

I looked at Tom's recently, and it didn't seem too slow, although
there's far too much content for a single page. I think Enterprise seem
to be doing a good job of keeping up with the demand they must have at
that price.

Or it could just be that Tom's site is very popular :-) and was cached
by a proxy. I think my ISP's proxy uses a secondary proxy at Pipex.

--
  \________________________
                           \   http://www.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/

Well Done Computer Shopper!

Post by Stuart Hallid » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Michael Nolan wrote the following...

Quote:> What? You dont't know what the 'usual Web url' of Computer Shopper is?  I
> thought everyone knew that!  Any one got any ideas?

Try the Acorn *village Links page at:
http://www.*village.co.uk/acorn/links.htm

--
Stuart Halliday - Web Manager of the
  ___                     ___     _           __   ___ _ _
|  _  / _/ _ \ '_| ' \  | (_| || | '_ \/ -_) '_\ V /| | | / _` / _` / -_)
|_| |_\__\___/_| |_||_|  \___\_, |_.__/\___|_|  \_/ |_|_|_\__,_\__, \___|
                             |__/                              |___/
ZFC HM
http://www.*village.co.uk/acorn/

1. Computer Shopper

Are things looking up for Acorn?  They must be if computer shopper have a half page article on them on page 3 of the news pages.  Now all shopper needs to do is to give the RISC PC a review (or at least the RISC PC 2 a review when it becomes available).
--

        ___  ___   __
  /\   |    |   | |  \ |\  |

Paul Stewart

2. Search Component Doesn't Work With ASP Files

3. Computer Shopper Magazine (UK)

4. New MS Works can't read old files

5. green flag still flying, Solo in Computer Shopper

6. rc.local file

7. Acorn column IS in latest Computer Shopper

8. Connection Speed Info

9. Computer Shopper 118 CD

10. ANKH - Computer Shopper Demo

11. Computer Shopper

12. Iyonix in Computer Shopper

13. Acorn column IS in latest Computer Shopper