Monitor not 'seeing' Risc PC

Post by Geoff Sope » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:52:28

My monitor has just died and I've borrowed a replacement for a few days
until a new one arrives. I share a monitor between my RPC and a PC laptop
via a switchbox. The PC works fine but the monitor won't acknowledge the
RPC. I think the mode the RPC is outputting is probably too much for the
monitor (HP Pavilion mx 70 (althought that may be the system the monitor is
from)). I seem to remember a keypress that will allow different modes to be
selected on startup. At the moment I can't see anything from the RPC.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Cheers
Geoff Soper

Monitor not 'seeing' Risc PC

Post by Robert Hartl » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:55:21

> My monitor has just died and I've borrowed a replacement for a few days
> until a new one arrives. I share a monitor between my RPC and a PC laptop
> via a switchbox. The PC works fine but the monitor won't acknowledge the
> RPC. I think the mode the RPC is outputting is probably too much for the
> monitor (HP Pavilion mx 70 (althought that may be the system the monitor is
> from)). I seem to remember a keypress that will allow different modes to be
> selected on startup. At the moment I can't see anything from the RPC.

I had this 2 weeks ago with my 19" work PC monitor.

*configure sync 0
*Configure monitortype auto (or 4)

Then I was sorted.

see thread on RiscPC and Viglen monitor.

cheers
bob

Quote:> I'd appreciate any suggestions!

> Cheers
> Geoff Soper

Monitor not 'seeing' Risc PC

Post by Geoff Sope » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:31:52

OK, now this presents a problem. I know there was a problem with the system
that meant an error message had to be clicked OK on during the boot
sequence. How can I avoid the boot sequence being run?

Thanks

> > My monitor has just died and I've borrowed a replacement for a few days
> > until a new one arrives. I share a monitor between my RPC and a PC
laptop
> > via a switchbox. The PC works fine but the monitor won't acknowledge the
> > RPC. I think the mode the RPC is outputting is probably too much for the
> > monitor (HP Pavilion mx 70 (althought that may be the system the monitor
is
> > from)). I seem to remember a keypress that will allow different modes to
be
> > selected on startup. At the moment I can't see anything from the RPC.

> I had this 2 weeks ago with my 19" work PC monitor.

> *configure sync 0
> *Configure monitortype auto (or 4)

> Then I was sorted.

> see thread on RiscPC and Viglen monitor.

> cheers
> bob
> > I'd appreciate any suggestions!

> > Cheers
> > Geoff Soper

Monitor not 'seeing' Risc PC

Post by n.. » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:49:33

Quote:> OK, now this presents a problem. I know there was a problem with the system
> that meant an error message had to be clicked OK on during the boot
> sequence. How can I avoid the boot sequence being run?

Try turning the machine on with Shift held down.

HTH
Carl