RiscBSD - where can I get hold of it..

Post by Nicholas Kitchene » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Where can I get hold of a FREE version of UNIX on the RiscPC..
Replys to here or digital databank user #2316... thanks..
Nick.
 |     Digital Databank BBS: +44-1707-323531 (300-14.4k/V42/42b) 24 hours    |

 |                  (Acorn Information at your Fingertips)                   |

RiscBSD - where can I get hold of it..

Post by Stefan Vos » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Where can I get hold of a FREE version of UNIX on the RiscPC..
> Replys to here or digital databank user #2316... thanks..

Take a look at ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk in /pub/acorn/RiscBSD

Quote:> Nick.

Regards,
  Stefan

--
Stefan Voss

1. Getting hold of Acorn User

Hi
Has anyone else had problems getting hold of the
latest Acorn User when it is due out at their
local newsagent, even when its on order ?
The last three/four issues I dont get it until
a week later. I know I can get a subscription but
I want to support my local newsagent as such and
I think the problem lies with WHS the distributes
his magazines. But I'm losing the incentive to keep
with it ?
I contacted Tau Press and said Smith's were crap, but
that doesnt help me. It's a real problem. They
are letting them down.
I used to work for WHS and they couldnt even supply
their stores very well, hence a headache for them
thus wishing to get rid of Wholesale ??

Brian
--
Using ARM Based technology without needing Windoze...

2. frame and checkbox problem.

3. Getting hold of Wimp task handles

4. Need printer for postcards

5. It`s "RiscOS" :-)

6. QNX 6.2 and JNI

7. ChiOS and ChiBER project on hold

8. Keyboard and Mouse

9. Steering Group to hold meeting ref RISCOS 4

10. 3.5" Floppy holds 120Mb ??????

11. How can you get hold of the new CD???

12. Hold Page 3

13. 'Object not held by this machine'