Cookies and Oregano

Post by Dave Barnet » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:47:04

Quote:> Does anyone know of a routine that can read and edit cookies in Qregano 2 as
> I want to clean out a few of them (if not all).

[...]

I'd like to extend that to all RISC OS browsers.   I have often risked
fouling up my 'browsing experience' (and have at times) by editing
cookies files.

--
Dave

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Chris Hughe » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:18:28

>> I'd like to extend that to all RISC OS browsers.   I have often risked
>> fouling up my 'browsing experience' (and have at times) by editing
>> cookies files.

> In that case you need !CookieTin, which allows you to view, edit and
> generally tinker with cookie files on all RISC OS web browsers.

> Only downside is that I haven't released it yet! Keep an eye on
> http://www.vigay.com/software/ though.

Well come on Paul, get it released... :-)

--
Chris Hughes

Cookies and Oregano

Post by druc » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 04:46:27

Quote:> Does anyone know of a routine that can read and edit cookies in Qregano 2
> as I want to clean out a few of them (if not all). I have already gone
> directly into the cookies file and erased a few but I can't see exactly
> what is what in the raw data form so I have had to leave others.

Load it in to Zap and set the display width to 1024 characters, then just
delete lines with URLs you dont recognise.

---druck

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Kevin Well » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 04:36:35

>snipped

>> At present it allows you to view cookies but I've not added the
>> editing/deleting code yet. However, it works for viewing cookies for
>> currently supported browsers of NetSurf, Fresco, O1, O2, O3 and Browse in
>> slightly easier layout than !Zap. :-)

>> Paul

>Paul is it going to support Oregano as well? I use both Fresco and Oregano.

>Gordon

He did state O1 O2 and O3 for Oregano 1 to 3.

--
Kev Wells  http://kevsoft.topcities.com
http://kevsoft.co.uk/

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Andy Wingat » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:14:54

[snip]

Quote:> It's not quite finished yet, but you can see a pre-release screenshot at
> http://www.vigay.com/software/screenshots/cookietin.gif to whet your
> appetite. :-)

I'm glad you can remember what you called it ;-)
Perhaps <URL:http://www.vigay.com/software/screenshots/cookiejar.gif>
is closer to the mark.
I found <URL:http://www.vigay.com/software/cookiejar.html> via the
software page.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
When you do not know what you are doing, do it neatly.

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Dave Syme » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:09:26

> > I'm glad you can remember what you called it ;-) Perhaps
> > <URL:http://www.vigay.com/software/screenshots/cookiejar.gif> is closer
> > to the mark. I found <URL:http://www.vigay.com/software/cookiejar.html>
> > via the software page.
> hehe. It was originally called CookieTin, but I then decided that
> CookieJar rolled off the tongue a bit better so I renamed it. I figured
> that was my prerogative as I've not yet officially released it. :-)
> Paul

Paul, Just a picky thought... One assumes then, from the naming
convention, Tin, Jar,  that this application will only store cookies.

Whereas... Cookie cutter, Cookie stomper, Cookie Crusher, Cookie Toilet,
Cookiegettheeffout of my machine, etc would be an application that removed
cookies.  ;-)

Cheers
Dave S

--

Cookies and Oregano

Post by New » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:22:36

Quote:> Paul, Just a picky thought... One assumes then, from the naming
> convention, Tin, Jar,  that this application will only store cookies.

I suppose Cookie Monster is too long ...

CookieEd seems OK.

John

--
John Williams, Wirral, Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Tim Hil » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:16:59

> > Paul, Just a picky thought... One assumes then, from the naming
> > convention, Tin, Jar,  that this application will only store cookies.
> I suppose Cookie Monster is too long ...
> CookieEd seems OK.

As RISC OS is British, perhaps something "biscuit" related would be more
appropriate: "Bread Beetle" or "Stegobium" gets my vote.  ;-)

http://www.hms.org.uk/nelsonsnavymaggot.htm

--
* Cheap phone bills? Gift shopping? www.timil.com/usenet.php
* Spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk

... "A contract of eternal bond of love confirm'd by mutual joinder of hands" Twelfth N, Act v, Sc.1

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Dave Syme » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:36:45

> [Snip]
> > Whereas... Cookie cutter, Cookie stomper, Cookie Crusher, Cookie
> > Toilet, Cookiegettheeffout of my machine, etc would be an application
> > that removed cookies.  ;-)
> Possibly! But they're all longer than 10 characters... ;-)

CookieCut.

What's with this 10 Character thingy, are we still in the 20th century?

Real RO supporter use 4.02 or later, anyone with an earlier OS is just
playing at it. ;-)

You think I'm joking. :-(

GD

--

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Nico ter Haa » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:20:23

>> What's with this 10 Character thingy, are we still in the 20th century?

>> Real RO supporter use 4.02 or later, anyone with an earlier OS is just
>> playing at it. ;-)

> You can only have a max of 12 character names for applications, otherwise
> the wimpprites don't work.

In fact you can have more but the first 12 must be unique, so your
CookieMonster would only listen to !CookieMonst

--
Running RISC OS Select 4.39 on VRPC / Omega / RiscPC Mk 1
For information on the Select Configure Plugins visit  www.gh2.nl

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Ned Abel » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:40:36

> [Snip]
> > Whereas... Cookie cutter, Cookie stomper, Cookie Crusher,
> > Cookie Toilet, Cookiegettheeffout of my machine, etc
> > would be an application that removed cookies.  ;-)
> Possibly! But they're all longer than 10 characters... ;-)

Isn't there a point where life moves on.? If backward
compatabillity were so important I would still be able to get
into my '70s flared trousers :-)

--
besters
Ned

(this email address is unused)

Cookies and Oregano

Post by New » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 00:03:42

> > What's with this 10 Character thingy, are we still in the 20th century?
> > Real RO supporter use 4.02 or later, anyone with an earlier OS is just
> > playing at it. ;-)
> You can only have a max of 12 character names for applications, otherwise
> the wimpprites don't work.

I have just created an application called !averylargename (15 characters)
with a sprite called !averylargen and it works fine. As long as the
spritename is only 12 characters, the app name can be as long as you like
(within FS limits)!

Not, of course, that I am advocating names of more than 10 characters. That
would be silly, despite Dave's protest. He'll be wanting spaces in
filenames next!

John

--
John Williams, Wirral, Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject
for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Dave Barnet » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:08:03

In a recent message           "John Williams (News)"

[...]

Quote:

> Not, of course, that I am advocating names of more than 10 characters. That
> would be silly, despite Dave's protest. He'll be wanting spaces in
> filenames next!

However he may know about alt-space.

--
Dave

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Steven Pamplin » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:46:10

> Not, of course, that I am advocating names of more than 10 characters.
> That would be silly, despite Dave's protest. He'll be wanting spaces in
> filenames next!

Tut, spaces separate the command from arguments.
(Oh, no they don't...)

Cookies and Oregano

Post by Dave Syme » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:52:43

Quote:> Not, of course, that I am advocating names of more than 10 characters.
> That would be silly, despite Dave's protest. He'll be wanting spaces in
> filenames next!
> John

Not a protest John, just a concern that our beloved OS is retreating even
farther back into the dark ages.

If I so desired, I already have it, RO Select and Adjust do spaces in
filenames...
But you cannot be serious...

SPACES... You must be Called Joe-King, ME wanting spaces in Filenames,
never, an abomination... Wash your mouth with Carbolic soap.
The only space I want is the final frontier, to go boldly where no person
has gone before.  Undoubtedly there are a few of you who'd like to send me
there. ;-)

Dave S

--

1. Oregano, Lotus Notes, and Oregano 2

Hello,
Does anyone know the upgrade policy between Oregano and Oregano 2? I
have emailled Castle on the subject, but no reply. I don't want to pay
around 60 for a web browser, only to find I have to pay more in a
couple or weeks/months for the later version.

On a similar subject, has anyone ever used Oregano with the Lotus
Notes Web client? Browse does not work with it, I assume due to
JavaScript.

On a different subject, is there a definitive 'best way' to play MPEGs
under RISC OS? I tried Kino, but sound was hit and miss. I tried to
convert to Replay with SplitMPEG, but did not get very far.

Cheers

Garry

2. making cars for Super Skidmarks

3. Drobe's cookie

4. Microsoft on file permissions and logon authentication...

5. Cookie question

6. Planning obsolescence

7. Fresco & LloydsTSB - cookies not enabled

8. 2001 University of Oklahoma Football Schedule

9. Cookies - now eaten

10. Cookie files

11. Cookies

12. Cookies...