Warnings

Warnings

Post by Malcolm Smit » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:22:17



In the last few days I have received to emails warning me that
messages from the oregano and Iyonix groups are bouncing from my
address.
However the address quoted (mine) is correct and I have certainly
being getting some mail from these two lists.
Anyone know what is happening.

Malcolm Smith

--
T M Smith in North Yorkshire, England  Using an Iyonix and RiscOS
5.11.3

 
 
 

Warnings

Post by Mark Rowa » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:20:02




Quote:> In the last few days I have received to emails warning me that
> messages from the oregano and Iyonix groups are bouncing from my
> address.
> However the address quoted (mine) is correct and I have certainly
> being getting some mail from these two lists.
> Anyone know what is happening.

SmartGroups is (now permanently, it seems) up the spout. Messages are
taking up to a week to arrive, and some of them are timing out, hence the
bounces you're receiving.

The Iyonix group has all moved to a freelists.org address some time ago
due to exactly this problem, as have several other RISC OS
SmartGroups-based groups. You should have a number of messages announcing
this (unless of course SmartGroups swallowed them too).

--
It's only a Pentium, Capt'n. It cannot take it!

||Mark Rowan||  Iyonix PC, 128MB, 80GB, RO 5.11 | Skype tamias_striatus
 http://www.tamias.co.uk | mark(at)tamias co uk | ICQ 30759398 | ZFC-A(Ca)
 Reply-to is valid, PGP mail preferred: http://tamias.co.uk/cgi-bin/email

 
 
 

Warnings

Post by druc » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:54:16



Quote:> SmartGroups is (now permanently, it seems) up the spout. Messages are
> taking up to a week to arrive, and some of them are timing out, hence the
> bounces you're receiving.

A week? Its been up to 3.

The only smartgroups list I was on which hasn't been moved is the Unix
Porting Project, but apparently some people received emails saying it has,
but with smartgroups delivering, who knows.

---druck

--
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/

 
 
 

Warnings

Post by Malcolm Smit » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:13:47





>> SmartGroups is (now permanently, it seems) up the spout. Messages are
>> taking up to a week to arrive, and some of them are timing out, hence the
>> bounces you're receiving.

> A week? Its been up to 3.

> The only smartgroups list I was on which hasn't been moved is the Unix
> Porting Project, but apparently some people received emails saying it has,
> but with smartgroups delivering, who knows.

> ---druck

I am pleased it is something they are doing and not me.
I'll just keep deleting them.

Malcolm Smith

--
T M Smith in North Yorkshire, England  Using an Iyonix and RiscOS
5.11.3

 
 
 

Warnings

Post by Chik » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:28:49




Quote:> I am pleased it is something they are doing and not me.

Actually, it looks more like something they are *not* doing.

Quote:> I'll just keep deleting them.

Might as well.

--

//  \//  Hitting Googlespammers with hyper-hammers!

... Hey, don't ask me, I'm just an Anthropomorphic Personification.

 
 
 

1. PC cards and Y2K warning.

The clock is ticking and there is not much time left before the Millennium.
This is to remind all PC card users to ensure that the version of !PC that
they uses is up to date and that the PC software used has been upgraded.

Aleph One Support will be closing for Christmas and the New Years holiiday.
The last day for support in 1999 will be 23rd December. Support will not
be availabe again until the 3rd January 2000 this may to late for some
PC card users.

A web page to help is availabe at:-
href="http://www.aleph1.co.uk/AcornProd/Support/Y2K.html"
For PC cards and the Millenium problems.

--
PC Robinson
Aleph One Support:- Tel UK (00 44) 1708 403028  Fax UK (00 44) 02 7919 9401
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK   Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
Web site http://www.aleph1.co.uk/

______________________________________________________________________



2. Best inkjet for proofing?

3. comp.{binaries/sources}.acorn website - WARNING

4. Cleaning Apple monitors

5. WARNING re cheap SIMMs

6. roaming profiles dont work

7. Virus Warning

8. Req.....Web Developer.....Dulles, VA......$50/hr....DM_03

9. VIRUS WARNING - Newcastle Info Server

10. Newcastle Server - Virus warning withdrawn

11. ? SPAM warning