MkIII mother board and sound

Post by Philip C » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

After upgrading to SA, RiscOS 3.7 and a CJE 5x86, I had to send my RiscPC
away  (like a lot of people I expect) and it returned with a MkIII PCB and a
moded StrongARM.  Also returned (separately!) was my 16 bit sound card since
the MkIII has built in 16-bit sound.

All my supporting documentation for the mother board is now inaccurate so I
need some help.

Can I connect an audio lead from my CD-ROM drive to the mother board?

If yes, is there a diagram on the web showing me where the connection should
be made?

Do I need to change any drivers or other sound software?

Is there a market for redundant 16-bit sound cards?

    _
 __/_'   _
/    \__/_'   _      Philip Cox
|    /    \__/_'
\____|    /    \
     \____|    |     At home on a RiscPC
          \____/
.. Documentation is for people who can't read.

1. SA based controller/Mother boards for home built computer??????

Hi I'm interested in finding Strong Arm based microcontroller/
motherboard products so I can put together my own home/portable
computers.

The boards must be able to run Risc OS and be able to run the Windows
emaultor.

I am also interested in the PCI based Strong Arm card I heard about,that
plugs into an existing motherboard.  Does anybody have details, I heard
there was a parrallel version?

I am also interested in any low power ARM (7XXX) boards with colour
capability suitable for portable equipement that runs Risc OS and
Windows emulator.

The idea is to use existing parts and put together a computer (as they do
with the PC) but in a better looking format and run Risc OS and Windows
programs.  Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Wayne Morellini.

2. test

3. Was: Risc PC Mother board.

4. SD vs MMD

5. Connections to LK14 on RiscPC mother board

6. swap options

7. SA based controller/Mother boards for home built computer??????

8. Pages for different browsers and versions

9. Triton Chipset on a Pentium 100mhz Mother Board

10. Risc PC mother-board

11. Risc PC Mother board.

12. WTD: RPC mother board

13. CD Sound - Mk 1 Board