X Windows for RiscBSD

Post by Robert Blac » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I am wondering whether to support 16 colour (4 bit) screen modes in
the RiscBSD X server. It currently only supports 8 bit graphics but
I will definitely be adding mono, 16bit and 24bit support. The reason
that 4 bit support is a problem is that there is little support for
it in the generic X server so it will probably add a large amount of
code to the RiscPC specific bits.

I am posting this here because most of the people on the RiscBSD
mailing list are the sort of people who are likely to benefit least
from a 4 bit X server. The people who are likely to benefit most
are those with A7000s or VRAMless RiscPCs: I'm hoping for some
feedback.

Cheers

Rob Black
RiscBSD X-Man

1. Window handle: window or menu?

Does anyone know if there is a way from a window handle to tell
whether the window is a menu or a window.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to tell whether a window handle is
illegal or not.

Phil.
|                                                                          |
|          Reflex Electronics Limited, Unit 17, Gunnels Wood Park,         |
|               Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 2BH.              |
|               Tel: 01438 311299           Fax: 01438 311286              |

|__________________________________________________________________________|

2. How do I get a Sid on the Primary NT account on an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

3. Nested Window Manager Moving Windows.

4. mother boards!

5. Myst for Windows or Missed for Windows?

6. open form inside parent form even if it is called through child form of similar parent

7. RiscBSD wish list

8. ifalias subnets?

9. RiscBSD-Net-Installation

10. RiscBSD on StrongARM: ART, please try it !

11. RiscBSD - A question

12. RiscBSD - where can I get hold of it..