Outlook2000 calender and Excel

Post by jakelly7.. » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:14:25

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is possible.

My company has a shared calender in which employees note they holiday.
The calender has a view which shows each employee holiday and its
duration.  (ie 2 days, etc)

The management at my company would like that information linked into an
excel spreadsheet, so that an employee total no of days holiday could
be calulated.

So basically can i link the figure in the 'duration' box within a
calender into an excel spreadsheet?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks in advance
JAK

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Outlook2000 calender and Excel

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:02:08

Try displaying the calendar in a table view with the Duration field
included. You can then select all and copy and paste into an Excel
worksheet.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Quote:> Hi, can anyone tell me if this is possible.

> My company has a shared calender in which employees note they holiday.
> The calender has a view which shows each employee holiday and its
> duration.  (ie 2 days, etc)

> The management at my company would like that information linked into an
> excel spreadsheet, so that an employee total no of days holiday could
> be calulated.

> So basically can i link the figure in the 'duration' box within a
> calender into an excel spreadsheet?

> Any thoughts or suggestions?
> Thanks in advance
> JAK

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Outlook2000 calender and Excel

Post by jakelly7.. » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:24:30

Sue,

Thanks for replying, I have duration display in a table view already.
What I mean by a link is a dynamic link which would automatically
update the totals when they changed in the outlook calender.

Any more thoughts?

> Try displaying the calendar in a table view with the Duration field
> included. You can then select all and copy and paste into an Excel
> worksheet.

> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > Hi, can anyone tell me if this is possible.

> > My company has a shared calender in which employees note they
holiday.
> > The calender has a view which shows each employee holiday and its
> > duration.  (ie 2 days, etc)

> > The management at my company would like that information linked
into an
> > excel spreadsheet, so that an employee total no of days holiday
could
> > be calulated.

> > So basically can i link the figure in the 'duration' box within a
> > calender into an excel spreadsheet?

> > Any thoughts or suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance
> > JAK

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Outlook2000 calender and Excel

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:06:18

You'd have to write code to do that, pushing the data into the Excel
spreadsheet whenever a new item is added or an existing item changes. Not a
trivial project.