Help - problem and need to deliver db tomorrow

Help - problem and need to deliver db tomorrow

Post by Paul Dore » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:53:44

I have put a progress bar on a form, and it works fine when I run the code
for which it shows the progress.

However, when I create a run time version of the database with ethe ODE
tooklit Setup Wizard, and install it on a users machine, it falls over when
the code is run with an 'Object doesn't support this property or method'
error.

The progress bar properties show it as a class: MSComctlLib.ProgCtrl.2

I thought I had the right references in the db, and had installed the
correct .OCX files via the Setup Wizard, but I can't have done.  The
reference I have is to the Microsooft Windows Common Controls 6
(C:\Winnt\system32\mscomctl.ocx), and that is the file installed with the
setup wizard.

I'm not familiar with Active X in general - what am I doing wrong

Any help would be greatly apreciated, as the deadline is looming over me.

Paul

Post by Tony Toew » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:02:41

>However, when I create a run time version of the database with ethe ODE
>tooklit Setup Wizard, and install it on a users machine, it falls over when
>the code is run with an 'Object doesn't support this property or method'
>error.

>The progress bar properties show it as a class: MSComctlLib.ProgCtrl.2

>I thought I had the right references in the db, and had installed the
>correct .OCX files via the Setup Wizard, but I can't have done.

You probably did.  However the receipient system may have a newer
version of the OCX.

Welcome to all the problems inherent with attempting to use
mscomctl.ocx.  <sigh>

Quote:>Any help would be greatly apreciated, as the deadline is looming over me.

For now remove the progress bar.  Or replace it with two rectangles
one overlayed on top the other and make the smaller one wider as
things progress.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

1. Need help building a query across tables (and this needs to be done, oh, tomorrow!)

Description of Database:

Multiple tables named by DEPT-SURVEYTYPE
Each table is of the same design with a field for the survey number and the
survey score

Goal:

I want to design a query that will do the following:  For each department
and across surveys, summate the scores and maintain a running counter for
each surveytype of the number of surveys with completed answers.  In each
case, a score of 0 means no response whereas anything else is a response.

Further Description:

Each set of survey results are in their own tables and separated by survey
and by department.  For example, 5 departments were each given the same 5
surveys.  The data was entered into a total of 25 different tables
(DeptA-Survey1, DeptA-Survey2, DeptA-Survey3, DeptA-Survey4, DeptA-Survey5,
DeptB-Survey1, DeptB-Survey2, and so on).

Survey respondents answered a total of 88 questions for each survey type.
If they elected to not answer a question, then the answer was scored as a 0
whereas any other response received a positive score.

We want to add up all of the scores within a particular survey (say
DeptA-Survey1) and count how many non-zero scores there are so we can
generate an average -- the key here is that we only want non-zero responses
to figure into the average.  The next issue is that we want to do this for
each and every table (DeptA-Survey1, DeptA-Survey2, DeptA-Survey3,
DeptA-Survey4, DeptA-Survey5, DeptB-Survey1, DeptB-Survey2, and so on).
Then, after we've completed that, we want to put it all into a simple to
read report.

Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it really is (it's getting late
and I've had a LONG day) but I'm registering zero on this.  I can't seem to
design the query that will make this happen and to make matters worse it was
assigned to me tonight and due tomorrow afternoon.  <Sigh>  Thoughts are
GREATLY appreciated because at this point, I'm brain dead.

Thanks!

James

2. Two Outlook session

3. TOMORROW ... TOMORROW ...

4. maintaining equipment

5. I really need immediate HELP - SOS - I have an interview tomorrow

6. Inserting new records

7. Music problems, charity event tomorrow, Please help!

8. OLE32.DLL page fault?

9. Newbie need help with DB design problem.

10. OL2002 - Do Not Deliver Before never delivers

11. I need help/I need help/I need help

12. Help in creating Offline DB client - DB Configurator with Jet DB Technology