DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Andre Deshaie » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 05:34:57

Hi.
It seems that the activeX control DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab
Control.
I have a form with 11 pages.  There is a DateTime Picker control on each
page.
I am getting an error for each control that is not shown on the current page
when I load the form.

The error is "An error occured in a call to the Windows Date and Time Picker
control.".

Did somebody encouter that error before ?

Andr Deshaies
Montral

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Andre Deshaie » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 05:38:09

I forgot to mention that all controls have a controlsource and are binded to
a table.

Andr

Quote:> Hi.
> It seems that the activeX control DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab
> Control.
> I have a form with 11 pages.  There is a DateTime Picker control on each
> page.
> I am getting an error for each control that is not shown on the current
page
> when I load the form.

> The error is "An error occured in a call to the Windows Date and Time
Picker
> control.".

> Did somebody encouter that error before ?

> Andr Deshaies
> Montral

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Darren Hal » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:15:18

Andre,

I've used the MS DateTime Picker controls on the Tab Control in MSAccess 97.
I've got them to work, but I've had heaps of problems.

I'm not sure that I've had your particular problem but I found that you
can't copy and paste the DateTime Picker control.  There seems to be some
kind of internal referencing that doesn't get updated when the control is
copied.  To work around this you have to select the ActiveX from the
annoyingly slow "More Controls" list on the Toolbox every time you want to
place the control on a form (or tab).

Also I haven't bound any of my DatePicker Controls to any tables, I load the
value into the controls as appropriate.

I've had quite a few other problems, so I would suggest that, if possible,
you avoid the DateTime Picker control (in fact most if not all ActiveX
controls) in MS Access.

Darren.

> I forgot to mention that all controls have a controlsource and are binded
> a table.

> Andr

> > Hi.
> > It seems that the activeX control DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab
> > Control.
> > I have a form with 11 pages.  There is a DateTime Picker control on each
> > page.
> > I am getting an error for each control that is not shown on the current
> page
> > when I load the form.

> > The error is "An error occured in a call to the Windows Date and Time
> Picker
> > control.".

> > Did somebody encouter that error before ?

> > Andr Deshaies
> > Montral

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Jacquenette Grundlin » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:55:53

Darren, what would you use instead? Jaci

> Andre,

> I've used the MS DateTime Picker controls on the Tab Control in MSAccess 97.
> I've got them to work, but I've had heaps of problems.

> I'm not sure that I've had your particular problem but I found that you
> can't copy and paste the DateTime Picker control.  There seems to be some
> kind of internal referencing that doesn't get updated when the control is
> copied.  To work around this you have to select the ActiveX from the
> annoyingly slow "More Controls" list on the Toolbox every time you want to
> place the control on a form (or tab).

> Also I haven't bound any of my DatePicker Controls to any tables, I load the
> value into the controls as appropriate.

> I've had quite a few other problems, so I would suggest that, if possible,
> you avoid the DateTime Picker control (in fact most if not all ActiveX
> controls) in MS Access.

> Darren.

> > I forgot to mention that all controls have a controlsource and are binded
> > a table.

> > Andr

> > > Hi.
> > > It seems that the activeX control DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab
> > > Control.
> > > I have a form with 11 pages.  There is a DateTime Picker control on each
> > > page.
> > > I am getting an error for each control that is not shown on the current
> > page
> > > when I load the form.

> > > The error is "An error occured in a call to the Windows Date and Time
> > Picker
> > > control.".

> > > Did somebody encouter that error before ?

> > > Andr Deshaies
> > > Montral

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Darren Hal » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:19:38

You could try buying a DateTime Picker control.  I haven't used any other
DateTime Picker controls in real projects, but I've had a quick look at one
from Protoview (now called Infragestics or something like that) and it
seemed to be reasonable.  I'm sure there are plenty of other controls out
there, but from my limited experience, ActiveX controls on MS Access forms
don't work as well as they should.

Darren.

> Darren, what would you use instead? Jaci

> > Andre,

> > I've used the MS DateTime Picker controls on the Tab Control in MSAccess
97.
> > I've got them to work, but I've had heaps of problems.

> > I'm not sure that I've had your particular problem but I found that you
> > can't copy and paste the DateTime Picker control.  There seems to be
some
> > kind of internal referencing that doesn't get updated when the control
is
> > copied.  To work around this you have to select the ActiveX from the
> > annoyingly slow "More Controls" list on the Toolbox every time you want
> > place the control on a form (or tab).

> > Also I haven't bound any of my DatePicker Controls to any tables, I load
the
> > value into the controls as appropriate.

> > I've had quite a few other problems, so I would suggest that, if
possible,
> > you avoid the DateTime Picker control (in fact most if not all ActiveX
> > controls) in MS Access.

> > Darren.

> > > I forgot to mention that all controls have a controlsource and are
binded
> > > a table.

> > > Andr

Tab
> > > page

Time
> > > Picker

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Darren Hal » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:40:11

I've just found a control that uses API calls (ie is not an ActiveX control)
that may be useful.  I haven't tried it and it may not be perfect for the
job, but it may solve a lot of your's and my problems.

The web site is:  http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm

Darren.

> Darren, what would you use instead? Jaci

> > Andre,

> > I've used the MS DateTime Picker controls on the Tab Control in MSAccess
97.
> > I've got them to work, but I've had heaps of problems.

> > I'm not sure that I've had your particular problem but I found that you
> > can't copy and paste the DateTime Picker control.  There seems to be
some
> > kind of internal referencing that doesn't get updated when the control
is
> > copied.  To work around this you have to select the ActiveX from the
> > annoyingly slow "More Controls" list on the Toolbox every time you want
> > place the control on a form (or tab).

> > Also I haven't bound any of my DatePicker Controls to any tables, I load
the
> > value into the controls as appropriate.

> > I've had quite a few other problems, so I would suggest that, if
possible,
> > you avoid the DateTime Picker control (in fact most if not all ActiveX
> > controls) in MS Access.

> > Darren.

> > > I forgot to mention that all controls have a controlsource and are
binded
> > > a table.

> > > Andr

Tab
> > > page

Time
> > > Picker

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Fabian Anderso » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:48:24

This almost certainly won't work on a 64bit environment (unlike ActiveX
controls).  API based solutions are not as OS independant as ActiveX - also
evident via the fact that ActiveX is used for the Web while API's are never
used (except for server side stuff where the OS is known).

Regards,
Fabian.

> I've just found a control that uses API calls (ie is not an ActiveX
control)
> that may be useful.  I haven't tried it and it may not be perfect for the
> job, but it may solve a lot of your's and my problems.

> The web site is:  http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm

> Darren.

> > Darren, what would you use instead? Jaci

> > > Andre,

> > > I've used the MS DateTime Picker controls on the Tab Control in
MSAccess
> 97.
> > > I've got them to work, but I've had heaps of problems.

> > > I'm not sure that I've had your particular problem but I found that
you
> > > can't copy and paste the DateTime Picker control.  There seems to be
> some
> > > kind of internal referencing that doesn't get updated when the control
> is
> > > copied.  To work around this you have to select the ActiveX from the
> > > annoyingly slow "More Controls" list on the Toolbox every time you
want
> > > place the control on a form (or tab).

> > > Also I haven't bound any of my DatePicker Controls to any tables, I
load
> the
> > > value into the controls as appropriate.

> > > I've had quite a few other problems, so I would suggest that, if
> possible,
> > > you avoid the DateTime Picker control (in fact most if not all ActiveX
> > > controls) in MS Access.

> > > Darren.

> binded

> Tab
> each
> current

> Time

DateTime Picker doesn't work on Tab Control (Pageframe)

Post by Stephen Leban » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:30:39

Fabian I do not have this entire thread on my server but did the
original post ask for a 64 bit Web based solution? What version of
Access is 64bit?

It looks like they simply want a Calendar control to work on a Tab
control on an Access Form. If that's the case then the MonthCalendar
solution on my Web site will work for them.
The only reasons I produced this non ActiveX solution are:
1) DLL hell encountered by developers distributing the Calendar OCX.
2) Request for the ability for the users to change the Calendar props at
runtime to their own personal preferences.
3) Support for the DayState property.

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks

> This almost certainly won't work on a 64bit environment (unlike
ActiveX
> controls).  API based solutions are not as OS independant as ActiveX -
also
> evident via the fact that ActiveX is used for the Web while API's are
never
> used (except for server side stuff where the OS is known).

> Regards,
> Fabian.

> > I've just found a control that uses API calls (ie is not an ActiveX
> control)
> > that may be useful.  I haven't tried it and it may not be perfect
for the
> > job, but it may solve a lot of your's and my problems.

> > The web site is:  http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm

> > Darren.

> > > Darren, what would you use instead? Jaci

> MSAccess
> > 97.

> you
> > some
> > is
> want

> load
> > the

> > possible,
ActiveX

> > binded

> > Tab
> on
> > each
> > current

> > Time

1. DateTime picker control and Commondialog control question.

Had an app working fine on a computer (standard win 2000 server), it was
using the date time picker controls in Access 2000 and the Commondialog
controls

Files, Commdlg32.ocx and msComCt2.ocx.

Transported the MDB to a Windows Nt terminal server computer. When opening
the app on that computer both the DateTimePicker control and the
Commondialog controls no longer work. The files are not in the list of
available controls. If I move the ocx files over there and register them
they show up in the list of available controls however when I try to put
them on forms I get an error saying I don't have the development licences
for these controls, so I can't put them in the app.

How can I use these controls in Access 2000 on to the new computer?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. default form for creating new mail

3. Find doesn't work with tab control?

4. This should be easy...but ....

5. Tab Control A97 doesn't work

6. Downloading Headers & Message Body in Outlook 2000

7. Hotkey to change page on Tab control doesn't work consistently

8. My signature picker doesn't work any longer...

9. Installing ActiveX control - DateTime Picker

10. calendar controls, datetime picker, and data validation

11. DateTime Picker ActiveX control Question.

12. Cute Microsoft DateTime Picker Control? Not !