ZA Pro 2.6.84 blocking my own computer from itself!!???

ZA Pro 2.6.84 blocking my own computer from itself!!???

Post by Nina Irwi » Fri, 11 May 2001 13:24:37



I keep getting these alerts such as below.

"The Firewall has blocked access to your computer (port 139) from
24.27.101.xxx (port 4567) (I'm not putting entire IP in for obvious
reasons).  My IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.

This has been happening ever since a storm knocked out RoadRunner
several days ago.  Once we came back up, we had been assigned
different IP addresses from what we had.  By different I mean that
before my computer was assigned IP 66.25.55.xxx when we first got the
cable modem 2 weeks ago.  Now my IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.  Does ZA
Pro somehow still think that I should still be 66.25.55.xxx?  Why
would one port on my PC be trying to contact another port on same PC
in the first place.

Feel free to contact me at my email address shown below.

Nina Irwin

 
 
 

ZA Pro 2.6.84 blocking my own computer from itself!!???

Post by Fearles » Fri, 11 May 2001 22:23:36


Why don't you put the new IP address (your own computer)
into the local zone as a trusted address?  That will solve
the problem.



Quote:> I keep getting these alerts such as below.

> "The Firewall has blocked access to your computer (port
139) from
> 24.27.101.xxx (port 4567) (I'm not putting entire IP in
for obvious
> reasons).  My IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.

> This has been happening ever since a storm knocked out
RoadRunner
> several days ago.  Once we came back up, we had been
assigned
> different IP addresses from what we had.  By different I
mean that
> before my computer was assigned IP 66.25.55.xxx when we
first got the
> cable modem 2 weeks ago.  Now my IP address is

24.27.101.xxx.  Does ZA

- Show quoted text -

> Pro somehow still think that I should still be
66.25.55.xxx?  Why
> would one port on my PC be trying to contact another port
on same PC
> in the first place.

> Feel free to contact me at my email address shown below.

> Nina Irwin



 
 
 

ZA Pro 2.6.84 blocking my own computer from itself!!???

Post by Rebeccah H. Prastei » Sat, 12 May 2001 03:57:03


Have you tried stopping and starting ZAP?  I think it will re-check your
IP address when it restarts.

Rebeccah

On Wed, 09 May 2001 23:24:37 -0500, Nina Irwin


>I keep getting these alerts such as below.

>"The Firewall has blocked access to your computer (port 139) from
>24.27.101.xxx (port 4567) (I'm not putting entire IP in for obvious
>reasons).  My IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.

>This has been happening ever since a storm knocked out RoadRunner
>several days ago.  Once we came back up, we had been assigned
>different IP addresses from what we had.  By different I mean that
>before my computer was assigned IP 66.25.55.xxx when we first got the
>cable modem 2 weeks ago.  Now my IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.  Does ZA
>Pro somehow still think that I should still be 66.25.55.xxx?  Why
>would one port on my PC be trying to contact another port on same PC
>in the first place.

>Feel free to contact me at my email address shown below.

>Nina Irwin


 
 
 

ZA Pro 2.6.84 blocking my own computer from itself!!???

Post by Nina Irwi » Sat, 12 May 2001 14:29:06


On Thu, 10 May 2001 11:57:03 -0700, Rebeccah H. Prastein


>Have you tried stopping and starting ZAP?  I think it will re-check your
>IP address when it restarts.

>Rebeccah

I reboot my system a couple times a day due to low resource problem
caused by running WinFax 10 so yes ZAP has been stopped and restarted.

>On Wed, 09 May 2001 23:24:37 -0500, Nina Irwin

>>I keep getting these alerts such as below.

>>"The Firewall has blocked access to your computer (port 139) from
>>24.27.101.xxx (port 4567) (I'm not putting entire IP in for obvious
>>reasons).  My IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.

>>This has been happening ever since a storm knocked out RoadRunner
>>several days ago.  Once we came back up, we had been assigned
>>different IP addresses from what we had.  By different I mean that
>>before my computer was assigned IP 66.25.55.xxx when we first got the
>>cable modem 2 weeks ago.  Now my IP address is 24.27.101.xxx.  Does ZA
>>Pro somehow still think that I should still be 66.25.55.xxx?  Why
>>would one port on my PC be trying to contact another port on same PC
>>in the first place.

>>Feel free to contact me at my email address shown below.

>>Nina Irwin


Nina Irwin

 
 
 

1. ZA Pro 2.6.84 High Internet vs Medium Internet Security

I've been running ZA Pro for about 4 months.  I recently
upgraded to 2.6.84.  Since then, I've not been able to log
into our company VPN without first lowering the Internet
Security to Medium.  As far as I can see, there are no
setting differences between the earlier version of ZAP and
the new version.  Clearly there's something I'm not seeing.
I've already got everything in the VPN chain in my local
zone so it isn't a matter of adding any more addresses.

What exactly differs between Internet High Security and
Internet Medium Security that would let a VPN client
successfully authenticate in Medium but not in High?

Thanks.

--
Marc "Fearless" Feldesman
Remove the SPAM trap advertisement
Powered by Superchoerus - the Coppermine Box

2. WANTED: HTML checker/editor for VMS

3. Zone Alarm Pro 2.6.84 Problem

4. Distributors Wanted NOW!!

5. ZoneAlarm Pro 2.6.84 - Cracked To Full!

6. Oracle 7 client on Windows 2000?

7. how do I get zone alarm 2.6.84 out of my sys tray and keep it working?

8. How to set angle=270 in \includegraphics?

9. ZA Blocks my own news-server???

10. ZA blocks access to their own website?

11. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

12. NetBIOS Datagram block in Win2kserver and ZA pro

13. ZA Pro Blocks Norton Anti-Virus Updates