SSL versus SSH Telnet

Post by Greg Bastia » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have noticed that it is possible to do both SSL Telnet and Secure Shell.

Is there a great difference between the two ?  One more secure, etc.

Regards,

Greg.

SSL versus SSH Telnet

Post by Lincoln Ye » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All,

>I have noticed that it is possible to do both SSL Telnet and Secure Shell.

>Is there a great difference between the two ?  One more secure, etc.

I'd say doing SSL Telnet is more secure, esp in the hands of newbies- just
telnet encapsulated in SSL. SSH has too many features kludged together
(opening remote ports etc etc), which you can't disable easily. You may end
up forwarding too many ports, icky.

Cheerio,

Link.
****************************

*******************************

1. SNMPv2 versus SSL versus IPSEC versus Kerberos

Can anyone briefly point out the differences (pros and cons) of SNMPv2 (or
greater) versus SSL, IPSEC and Kerberos? Is there another predominant
network security protocol out there that may be comparable to these?

Thanks,

Patrick L. Knight

--
Posted from [63.85.115.10]

2. WIS Bar and Dashboard Package

3. Any good Win95 SSL / SSH enabled telnet clients ?

4. blinker

5. SSH over SSL or telnet proxy server

6. Finding available drives (using Microsoft C)

7. ssh openssh, or ssl/telnet on mswindows?

8. one day portraits

9. Telnet+SSL vs SSH

10. NT authentication versus clear text and SSL over HTTP

11. telnet shell access within domain & remote sftp but no remote ssh/telnet shell access!

12. Telnet SSL (Proxy?)

13. Telnet over SSL