simultaneous VPN and internet connection problems

simultaneous VPN and internet connection problems

Post by T. Balfo » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:04:50

hello:

i'm trying to set up a W2K client to access our W2K VPN server via
PPTP over a cable modem connection.

I can connect to the VPN just fine, but when I do I lose my local
internet connection and must disconnect the VPN to browse the
web/internet.  I've done a lot of searching on google to find the
cause of the problem and nothing I've tried has worked.

I've tried checking/unchecking the "use default gateway on remote
network" on the VPN connectoid and when it is checked, the VPN
connection works but the internet does not and when it is not checked,
the internet works and the VPN doesn't.

I'm beginning to think that I may need to change something in the
ROUTE table, but don't know what.  I'm using 10.x.x.x subnet for my
VPN addressing schemata.

Can anyone advise?

thanks,

t.b.
austin, tx

1. Simultaneous Internet and Intranet access with one Instant Internet Server

*
* Just to clarify.  Is the Instant Internet Server a Product?  From
* Performance Technologies that you are looking for information on?
* Or are you looking for a Service/Product that will allow you to
* access the Internet and Your Private Intranet, SIMULTANEOUSLY?
* If so, Digital AltaVista has the product set that will allow you
* to access the Internet using standard components and services and
* using our AltaVista Tunnel Product creata a Virtual Private
* Network service into your Intranet.  It's secure and encrypted.
* You can find out additional information by looking at:
*   http://altavista.software.digital.com/tunnel/
* If you need any additional assistance or clarification, please
* do not hesitate to contact us directly.
*
        Regards,

--

AltaVista Internet Software      office: 714/261-4133 DTN 535
Digital Equipment Corporation    home office: 714/460-9062

    partners: http://altavista.software.digital.com/

2. DOMDocument question

3. "over 2048 simultaneous connections" KOs our firewall

4. Looking for low $ PS option for Epson Stylus

5. Over 2048 simultaneous connections???

6. Disk image conversion question ...???...???

7. Cannot access Internet after VPN connection to FireBox.

8. 5D pdf question

9. SonicWall SOHO2 problem - cannot copy large files over VPN connection

10. Raptor Firewall VPN connection problem

11. VPN over Wireless router (DSL) - connection problems

12. PROBLEM: Windows 2000 clients lose Internet connection using Cisco PIX 515 firewall and DHCP for DNS

13. Problem w/ Internet connection firewall