newbie ?

Post by Chris L. M. Mas » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

How would I set up a simple firewall on a seperate computer(p133mmx)

vulnerable as hell...
Server is a PIII 667mhz 5port 10/100hub (dual nics)

thanks

newbie ?

Post by mramund » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Chris-

Check out www.gnatbox.com - as long as the NIC cards are on the list, this
program will suit your needs quite nicely, and it's free for 5 addresses
after registering - it alos has some limitations about concurrent
connections inbound and outbound.  It will run great on the P133-

Mark Amundsen

mramundsATemailDOTcom

> How would I set up a simple firewall on a seperate computer(p133mmx)

> vulnerable as hell...
> Server is a PIII 667mhz 5port 10/100hub (dual nics)

> thanks

newbie ?

Post by Chris L. M. Mas » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

thanks I'll check it out...

> Chris-

> Check out www.gnatbox.com - as long as the NIC cards are on the list, this
> program will suit your needs quite nicely, and it's free for 5 addresses
> after registering - it alos has some limitations about concurrent
> connections inbound and outbound.  It will run great on the P133-

> Mark Amundsen

> mramundsATemailDOTcom

> > How would I set up a simple firewall on a seperate computer(p133mmx)

> > vulnerable as hell...
> > Server is a PIII 667mhz 5port 10/100hub (dual nics)

> > thanks

1. Conseal, Newbie of all Newbies Question

I am trying out Conseal on its 30 day eval. I set it up with the default
cable modem rule set, then in checked learning mode blocked all kind of
UDP stuff that was happening and ended up with around 20 new rules. Then I
paired down the "Allow most Internet access (using TCP)" to only allow the
accesses/ports I knew I needed.  I seem to be able to do my normal
routines so far. I have two questions I was hoping someone might be able
to help me with:

1) I can't seem to do a trace route (c:\tracert), each hop times out.
Tried reloading the standard cable modem rule set
and still cannot do a trace route.

2) is it better to have less rules for better speed? When in learning mode
I acquired 10-20 UDP rules and I was going to try and combine them since
they look similiar.

2. grayscales color separating

3. Extremely basic stupid newbie question from a firewall newbie :-)

4. 10GB Storage

5. Newbie question

6. errno 23 File Table Overflow ?

7. newbie firewall question

8. 2 * qxNfpcWyg-Proxy Server upgrade ???

9. Network Newbie Questions about Firewalls

10. Newbie question

11. Newbie question?

12. newbie question about firewalls and proxys

13. Newbie Q on ZAF - which ports to block