problems with scp from openssh to ssh

Post by Hannes Loeffle » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:58:02

Hello,

I receive the following error message when I try to scp (openssh 2.9.9p2) to
machines running ssh (version 2.3.0, 2.4.0, or 3.0.1):

scp: warning: Executing scp1 compatibility.
scp: FATAL: Executing ssh1 in compatibility mode failed (Check that scp1 is in
your PATH).
lost connection

Why does ssh's daemon want to do the scp with protocol version 1 (ssh1 is
obviously not installed on the machines I want to connect to)?  Shouldn't it
use version 2?  Ssh and sftp work without problems.

Hannes.

Post by Richard E. Silverm » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 01:33:11

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/scp-ossh-to-ssh2.auto.html

--
  Richard Silverman

1. ssh fine, scp broke , can't find scp, where is environment set for incoming scp

HELP! I have looked all over but am confused.

If I try

I get the password prompt fine
then I get
Environment:
    USER=....
    HOME...
    PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:usr/sbin:/sbin
    SSH_CLIENT....

bash : scp: command not found
lost connection

If I just ssh over to the server it works fine , I see the same
Environment:
    USER=....
    HOME...
    PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:usr/sbin:/sbin
    SSH_CLIENT....
but I keep on loggin in and then I execute ENV and see the "proper "
paths, also the scp command  is found properly,

what is going on, HELP, I gotta get his path stuff worked out. Probably
easy.

Jim

2. low-end AAA configuration?

3. openssh: Problem connecting from Sun ssh to openssh

4. Shortcut character for Redo?

5. scp, openssh and "scp: not found"

6. Prograb 24RT+ vs. Vidi 24RT Pro

7. openssh scp problem

8. On The Net questionnaire for Palmtop magazine

9. Problem with SCP with OpenSSH 2.3.0p1

10. Openssh 2.9.9p2 --with-pam chauthtok & scp problems (Solaris 2.7)

11. OpenSSH scp problem when used with Dante socks

12. Openssh 2.9: problems with scp

13. problem: infinite copying with scp (OpenSSH 3.02.p1)