AIM and MSN

AIM and MSN

Post by Daniel Lichterma » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:26:26



I have a Linksys bf****41 cable/dsl router and would like to know what to do
so I can send files and talk to people(voice/video) online.
Thanks

--
Daniel Lichterman
Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman


 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Daniel Lichterma » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:19:30


What ports do I need to open or what do I need to change so I can talk
w/people through aim and MSN messanger.  Have linksys BF***41 4-port
cable/dsl router

--
Daniel Lichterman
Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman



 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Neogenesi » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:31:45


MSN is port 1900


> What ports do I need to open or what do I need to change so I can talk
> w/people through aim and MSN messanger.  Have linksys BF***41 4-port
> cable/dsl router

> --
> Daniel Lichterman
> Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman



 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by John Galvi » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:13:48



> MSN is port 1900

I thought it was Port 1863?
 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Neogenesi » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:35:26




> > MSN is port 1900

> I thought it was Port 1863?

i look at zone alarm log and thats why it gave me when i blocked msn
 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Neogenesi » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:37:26






> > > MSN is port 1900

> > I thought it was Port 1863?

> i look at zone alarm log and thats why it gave me when i blocked msn

my mistake it was port 1863, 1900 was to the router first.
 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Daniel Lichterma » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:46:31


could one of you try it with me now that I opened the port?

--
Daniel Lichterman
Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman



> I have a Linksys bf****41 cable/dsl router and would like to know what to
do
> so I can send files and talk to people(voice/video) online.
> Thanks

> --
> Daniel Lichterman
> Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman



 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by Neogenesi » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:02:52


once msn say it's connected then your ok.


> could one of you try it with me now that I opened the port?

> --
> Daniel Lichterman
> Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman




> > I have a Linksys bf****41 cable/dsl router and would like to know what
to
> do
> > so I can send files and talk to people(voice/video) online.
> > Thanks

> > --
> > Daniel Lichterman
> > Http://www.geocities.com/daniellichterman



 
 
 

AIM and MSN

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:28:44


in comp.security.firewalls i read:

Quote:>What ports do I need to open or what do I need to change so I can talk
>w/people through aim and MSN messanger.  Have linksys BF***41 4-port
>cable/dsl router

just tell it you are behind a router or firewall.

--
bringing you boring signatures for 17 years

 
 
 

1. IMpasse: Security for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN Instant Messengers

Anyone dealing with the instant messaging issue out there will want to
consider IMpasse, from IMpasse Systems... we just deployed it and it
works very well for encrypting instant messaging traffic,
authenticating users, restricting specific types of usage, and
protecting against hostile code... and it's inexpensive! We were lucky
enough to get their latest [CDS] version (corporate defense system),
which they are not selling via their web site yet... visit

2. Motorola ModemSURFR blues

3. AIM/MSN Instant Messenger Issues

4. buggy PDF writer 3.03 on windows NT

5. Strong encryption add-on for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN instant messengers

6. Eye-strain - colours

7. AIM YAHOO and MSN

8. multicast using MBGP

9. Linksys BEFSR41 and Aim Talk and/or AIM file transfer

10. AIM file xfer and linksys firewall

11. Two Computers, Linksys Router, I want both to use AIM's Talk/File Transfer....?

12. Firewalls and AIM

13. AIM Version 4.7 vulnerable to hackers