3com portswitch hub40 mib

Post by Richard Lett » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to discover where in the 'mib' the values are to enable/disable
ports and to setup the security features on these things. I've downloaded
the mibs from 3com's ftp site, but thery don't describe what I seem to
get out of the devices using snmpwlk.

What I'm trying to do is provide a student accomodation service with
a web-form to control the hubs in the residences so the ports can be
enabled/disabled when the sevice is paid for.

I'd also like to be able to enable the port-scrmabling and disconnect
unknown devices features so they can enforce the one-MAC per port policy.
If I could switch ports between port groups as well then might be useful
sometime in the future.

I've been playing around dumping the entire mib using snmpwalk on a unix
machine, modifying one port and then dumping, however I can't spot the
right variables -- there is simply too much information collected by the
hubs -- over 14,000 variables.

Any help appreciated... thanks.

RjL