mail forgery from outlook2000 client

Post by Patrick Rean » Mon, 27 May 2002 05:31:43

I use Outlook2000. What can I do to make sure mail forgery doesn't
happen to this client, and how does it work in the first place? TIA

Patrick

mail forgery from outlook2000 client

Post by Sebastian Co » Mon, 27 May 2002 15:52:51

Quote:> I use Outlook2000. What can I do to make sure mail forgery doesn't
> happen to this client, and how does it work in the first place? TIA

> Patrick

Forgery has nothing to do with the client you use. The only way you can
assure people that a post from you isn't a forgery is by use of a
"signing-key". By signing the message with your personal key, you show
the validity of the message (if the recipient accepts/trusts your
signature) See pgp and "thawte" for more info in google.

--
s.c.

1. A question about mail client and firewall

Dear people:

My name is Carlos, from Argentina.

At the office, I work behind a Raptor Firewall, which is configured by
central IT and I do not have access to settings.

I need to set up mail so that I can download Yahoo! web based email.
This cannot be done with the standard settings.

I do have http browsing capabilities - I wonder if I can configure the
connection settings in some way...

Thanks for any help you may provide.

2. Netbook docking station

3. Looking for trojan-safe mail client and web browser

4. CMS QIC tape drive programming

5. Mail Clients with Firewall

6. PostScript on the Mac

7. Mail clients remembering password security risks

8. Looking for Quake for the Amiga

9. Mail/News : Web or Client?

10. Looking for a trojan-safe mail client and web browser

11. Windows POP mail client with PGP support wanted

12. email forgery issues/questions

13. E-Mail Forgery in Netscape