Certs that get you past job screeners, get phone calls, get interviews, land jobs.

Certs that get you past job screeners, get phone calls, get interviews, land jobs.

Post by CertTest.c » Mon, 05 May 2003 04:39:30

Here's what is working right now. Your experience plus right
certification(s).
Things did change overnight. 100,000+ engineers and managers competing
for the same job. You can improve the odds rather easily. Get
certified again.

No cert ?  Expect less money, maybe No offers.

Certs give somebody a reason to listen to you. Job Screener's or
gatekeeper's use this everyday as a fast way to cut down the 50,000
resumes to 20 they can interview. Contract or employee still pays the
family bills.

Are you making the cut ?

The guy/gal playing the cert game does, just like the CEO's golf
partner. People need a reason to pick you first. Lot's of masters
degrees out of work.

Two simple steps will increase your results
1. Update your resume EVERY 3 weeks. Recruiters thrive on new leads.
2. Get a HOT certification, and keep going.

Some good choices are:
-Information Systems Security (CISSP for mgrs/leads, Security+ for
staff)
-.Net Visual Basic (lots of competition against cheap offshore
programmers)
-PMP project management (very popular in management positions, without
it you probably wont be selected to lead anymore projects in this
economy)
-Linux skills (already common as backend servers, growing trend)
-Business Continuity (picking up speed again under HIPPA & Homeland
Security)

Poor choices in my opinion:
-Cisco (lots of those out of work, already taught in our high schools.
I met 2 CCIE's working a Firestone tirestore. They are juniors in high
school. New cisco security may get lost in the confusing sea of other
cisco stuff.)
-A+ (let's a technichian keep his job fixing hardware)

Frankly, you need to view these as tools in the toolbox. Nobody wants
a builder without their own tools. You'd want somebody that already
has the stuff. Get a new cert or two under your belt. [That]+[Your
drive]= Nice job

We teach discounted classes to help people get certified in 30 days.
You can use that to your advantage or not. $995 plus five days time
could make a real difference. It's helped most of our students get
hired, keep jobs, or promoted.

Want to stay in the game ?

Get moving or get in the McDonalds hiring line. Time is burning.
I wish you all the best in life. Family, friends, happiness.

Sincerely,
David Cannon
www.CertTest.com

Certs that get you past job screeners, get phone calls, get interviews, land jobs.

Post by K O'Bri » Wed, 07 May 2003 01:24:11

Gee, and it just so happens that you are in the business of selling
training for the areas that you recommended and not Cisco.  You
opinion is obviously very biased.  If you have the name of the CCIEs
out of work send them in my direction, I'll get them a very high
paying job quickly.

> Here's what is working right now. Your experience plus right
> certification(s).
> Things did change overnight. 100,000+ engineers and managers competing
> for the same job. You can improve the odds rather easily. Get
> certified again.

> No cert ?  Expect less money, maybe No offers.

> Certs give somebody a reason to listen to you. Job Screener's or
> gatekeeper's use this everyday as a fast way to cut down the 50,000
> resumes to 20 they can interview. Contract or employee still pays the
> family bills.

> Are you making the cut ?

> The guy/gal playing the cert game does, just like the CEO's golf
> partner. People need a reason to pick you first. Lot's of masters
> degrees out of work.

> Two simple steps will increase your results
> 1. Update your resume EVERY 3 weeks. Recruiters thrive on new leads.
> 2. Get a HOT certification, and keep going.

> Some good choices are:
> -Information Systems Security (CISSP for mgrs/leads, Security+ for
> staff)
> -.Net Visual Basic (lots of competition against cheap offshore
> programmers)
> -PMP project management (very popular in management positions, without
> it you probably wont be selected to lead anymore projects in this
> economy)
> -Linux skills (already common as backend servers, growing trend)
> -Business Continuity (picking up speed again under HIPPA & Homeland
> Security)

> Poor choices in my opinion:
> -Cisco (lots of those out of work, already taught in our high schools.
> I met 2 CCIE's working a Firestone tirestore. They are juniors in high
> school. New cisco security may get lost in the confusing sea of other
> cisco stuff.)
> -A+ (let's a technichian keep his job fixing hardware)

> Frankly, you need to view these as tools in the toolbox. Nobody wants
> a builder without their own tools. You'd want somebody that already
> has the stuff. Get a new cert or two under your belt. [That]+[Your
> drive]= Nice job

> We teach discounted classes to help people get certified in 30 days.
> You can use that to your advantage or not. $995 plus five days time
> could make a real difference. It's helped most of our students get
> hired, keep jobs, or promoted.

> Want to stay in the game ?

> Get moving or get in the McDonalds hiring line. Time is burning.
> I wish you all the best in life. Family, friends, happiness.

> Sincerely,
> David Cannon
> www.CertTest.com

1. Land Attacks In BID After Getting Calbe Modem

I have recently been getting LAND attacks per BID. I have a cable modem
attached to a Mlthomed system which connects to my internal LAN. I'm
using Sygate for NAT. Since I have had my cable modem, I've been getting
LAND attack alerts from BID. It is stating that they are coming from my
own IP. I don't really understand this. This was not happening when I
had the same setup but was using dialup. Any help would be great.

This is BID's descrp. of a LAND attack:
Summary
An Attacker is trying to slow down your machine.

Details

Attacker has sent a frame to the system with the same source and
destination IP address being that of the system. This requires the IP
address to be spoofed.

Because this is theoretically impossible, the Windows stack doesn't
handle the condition correctly. While the system doesn't crash, each
packet received causes a temporary slow-down. This is caused by the
system trying to resolve an infinite series of connections to itself.

Defense

2. Lossless JPEG

3. getting past NAT firewall

4. reactor

5. Getting past a Linksys BEFSR41 password?

6. Stopping the search for floppy drives at startup?

7. how to land a "security job" ?

8. Zip Atapi & eject problem

9. landing a security job.

10. Getting some work under my belt

11. Getting Started

12. Evidence Eliminator.....worth getting ?

13. apas spam is getting out of hand