ZA Pro, XP Home, Windows Messenger, IRC

Post by Rasca » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:34:02

Hey everyone,

This really has me stumped.  I'm trying out ZoneAlarm Pro, on XP
Home...everything works great, EXCEPT no matter what I do, I can't send
files out via messenger, and receive incoming ident requests.  I've tried
setting all my zones to low, program control to off, privacy to off,
scrapped my ZA Pro databases, explicitly allowed those machines..everything.
No matter what I do, if I try and send a file out via messenger, I get in
the logs, that it's incoming messenger, blocked, and for mIRC, it shows that
port 113 is blocked...I've tried everything.  Any ideas?

ZA Pro, XP Home, Windows Messenger, IRC

Post by Rasca » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 07:59:24

Oh, and I did make sure the XP firewall is turned off. :)

Quote:> Hey everyone,

> This really has me stumped.  I'm trying out ZoneAlarm Pro, on XP
> Home...everything works great, EXCEPT no matter what I do, I can't send
> files out via messenger, and receive incoming ident requests.  I've tried
> setting all my zones to low, program control to off, privacy to off,
> scrapped my ZA Pro databases, explicitly allowed those

machines..everything.
Quote:> No matter what I do, if I try and send a file out via messenger, I get in
> the logs, that it's incoming messenger, blocked, and for mIRC, it shows
that
> port 113 is blocked...I've tried everything.  Any ideas?

1. xp home and za pro 3.0 the latest one

for some reason za keeps forgetting its settings whenever i restart
the computer. for example i've checked off in za pro ie and some other
programs to log on to the internet without asking me but when i
restart the computer it keeps asking me do you want to let ie connect
wtf. yes i am logged in administractive mode & i've even log into safe
mode and deleted all za log files & even tried to re-install za pro
but still i get the same results any1?

2. pop3 connector mail undelivered

3. Please help with ZA Pro and XP Pro

4. any sequence generator function? (from: mysql@lists.mysql.com)

5. - Can't send files through MSN Messenger, ZA, XP (SECOND POST)

6. HOW DO I DEALLOCATE A CONTROL SUCH THAT IT DISAPPEARS FROM DISPLAY?

7. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

8. 8051 and RS485

9. ZA Pro and messenger

10. Yes or No: Zone Alarm Pro on a new PC (Win XP Home)

11. on-line Messenger Service exploitation in Windows XP

12. Help with ZA pro on the Att home network

13. NAT+Firewall: Sygate+ZA or WinRoute Pro for home use?