Switched from ZA to ZA Pro - FTP no longer works

Switched from ZA to ZA Pro - FTP no longer works

Post by Jan Klie » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:27:35

I used the free version of ZA for a week without any problems behind a
DSL modem. Configured both local and internet zone to high security.

Then I upgraded to ZA Pro, and am generally happy with it. Except, I can
no longer perform FTP transfers. Both browsers and commandline ftp
encounter the same problem: Can log into the site, but when the server
opens the data connection ZA Pro refuses the incoming packet.
Since the incoming connection opens a dynamically assigned port, there's
no way of opening the port.

I have all applications set to either ask to be a server, or even allow
certain ones to be a server. But I never get a prompt. I assume that
some service/program on my side negotiated the dynamic port and should
be listening on it?

I searched the ZA FAQs and played with different settings for several
hours, but couldn't get it to work. Interestingly enough I didn't have
this problem with the free version of ZA which was to my knowledge
configured similary (except for all the additional stuff).

Any ideas?

Jan

1. ZA Pro + ICS + win2kserver will not work ZA tech wont respond

Hello, I have been trying to run ZA pro on a win2k server with ICS. I am on the

Followed the instructions on ZA's Site to the T.  I can not get this to work.
Every time I put ZA pro on it I lose and DNS resolution and cant get anywhere.

I even have to uninstall ZA to get DNS back

Does anyone have this working?  Please let me know how.

I sent a email to ZA tech support, how long does it take for them to get back to
you?

Thanks
Chalie

(remove nospam to reply)

2. Distortive compression

3. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

4. Active Window and Screen Saver

5. FTP problems with ZA & Linksys 4 port router/switch

6. #discard mailer in ruleset 0

7. ZA 2.6 Pro vs. ZA 3.5 (Free) Reinstall Problems

8. setting up multiple email accounts in notes

9. What's the diff between ZA 2.6 and ZA Pro 2.6?

10. Question: ZA vs ZA Pro

11. ZA Pro with ZA free

12. Differences betwee ZA and ZA Pro

13. ZA to ZA Pro