Internet Explorer Home Page

Post by Spinze » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:39:26

My Internet Explorer has recently had a problem with my
home page settings.  Each time I close Internet Explorer,
the next time I re-open it, my home page has changed to
some weird game/* page.  No matter how many times I
reset it, the problem continues.  Is this some kind of a
virus?  Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Internet Explorer Home Page

Post by Jorge S|e| » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 18:54:37

Delete all your ofline contents (including "Objects" under
settings).
That should do the trick.

Regards,

Jorge

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My Internet Explorer has recently had a problem with my
>home page settings.  Each time I close Internet Explorer,
>the next time I re-open it, my home page has changed to
>some weird game/* page.  No matter how many times
>reset it, the problem continues.  Is this some kind of a
>virus?  Can anyone offer any advice?

>Thanks
>.

Internet Explorer Home Page

Post by sgopu » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:09:51

Read the following:

See Sandi Hardmeir's
http://www.veryComputer.com/
quite a number of other similarly badly behaved sites and
practices.  Lop is
mentioned at
http://www.veryComputer.com/#lop together
with a
link to their page which explains how to remove
such "customisation" and
homepage hijacking.  :-)

Simply put, get adaware and or spybot, they can rid your
system of these hijackers!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My Internet Explorer has recently had a problem with my
>home page settings.  Each time I close Internet Explorer,
>the next time I re-open it, my home page has changed to
>some weird game/* page.  No matter how many times
>reset it, the problem continues.  Is this some kind of a
>virus?  Can anyone offer any advice?

>Thanks
>.

1. Internet Home Page Problem

I hope someone can help me with this problem.  I have a
designated home page that I use with Microsoft Explorer.
It is www.thestreet.com/realmoney.  I had not had any
trouble with it until yesterday.  Now when I open Explorer
I get www.searchex.com.  If I hit the little house
(the "home" button on Explorer's toolbar) I go to
RealMoney, so it is still the designated home page; I'm
just getting Searchex.com on the opening for some reason.
Then I noticed that as soon as I open Explorer, the back
button is available.  If I click it, I go to Real Money,
so what it looks like is that when I open Explorer, I'm
headed toward Real Money and something is embedded in
Explorer now that diverts me to this Searchex site.  I've
tried dumping cookies, internet files, etc. and even
blocking Searchex.com but nothing is working.  If you can
suggest a cure, I'd be really thankful.
MJC

2. Mantain Dial-up connection after logoff

3. windoes explorer/internet explorer

4. Printing Question

5. Zonealarm question: Internet Explorer doesn′t work under Internet Security Level ′High′

6. Revising Discussion Group for Classic Boats

7. web page: is POST to https page from http page safe?

8. WANTED: Telnet access in 706 area code...

9. How to prevent explorer.exe from calling home in TPFW?

10. Password question for win explorer on home PC

11. ZoneAlarm pro stops home page in IE 5.0

12. home.excite.com member services page/pings from my isp... i think