RSA BSAFE Cert-C and MS CryptoAPI Cert stores

RSA BSAFE Cert-C and MS CryptoAPI Cert stores

Post by Steve Bake » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:28:14

Hey,

Is anyone using the RSA BSAFE Cert-C library and storing certificates in the
MS-CryptoAPI certificate stores?  I'm not talking about the using the
MS-CryptoAPI with the RSA_PROV_FULL  provider, I'm talking about using the
RSA development libraries and storing certificates using the CryptoAPI db
service.  Those who have used it will know what I'm talking about.

I have a problem accessing the certificates in the ROOT and CA stores.  I
have a program which successfully shows all certs in the MY store, but when
I point it at the ROOT and CA stores, it barfs on the first certificate
(which is invalid, for some reason) and refuses to show me any more certs
from those stores.  Calling C_SelectFirstCert returns E_ISSUER_NAME or
E_PUBLIC_KEY depending on the store.  I don't care that any given cert is
invalid, I just want to get a list of all the certs, then I can work out if
each certificate is valid or not.  As it is, I effectively cannot access the
certs in the store.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

Regards,
Steve
--
Steve Baker
Open your mind, then check out www.nexusmagazine.com

1. New MS Security Cert

Hi Guys,

Like some of you I am a security minded Net/Sys Admin.
Has anyone else heard the rumour that MS are introducing a
Security Cert along the lines of MCSE?  Does anyone know
which exams will be required?  I'm assuming 70-214 and
220 - any others?  Security+?

What are your thoughts?

Dan.

2. gdb and rsxntds

3. RSA Bsafe CertJ XML signature problem

4. MCI CD-audio driver question

5. RSA BSAFE SSL-J library?

6. Stupid question

7. Help with SSL / MS CryptoAPI

8. Beginner needs help

9. MS CryptoAPI: Can it be had without installing OSR2?

10. Questions about signing messages with MS cryptoapi

11. Certs that get you past job screeners, get phone calls, get interviews, land jobs.

12. Different VeriSign Root CA Certs w/Same Public Key