Trapped with Security

Post by Halomoan Cho » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:03:28

Hi all,

I have a problem that I want to share to all members.
I'm always remember to implement security for every new installed server ,
Windows 2000 and even NT 4.0. Whether using Security Configuration
Manager/Template, HotFix and Security Baseline.
But always I was trapped with the security.

My the biggest problem is :
I want to remotely shutdown my servers from another server with shutdown.exe
came from Resources Kit. What I got is error : The network path was not
found. What should I have to manually do for , whether registry setting,
permission, policy setting or etc.

Thank you,

Halomoan

Trapped with Security

Post by Ned Flander » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:02:54

Make certain that IPC$ is shared on the remote system and it should work.
NET SHARE IPC$
from a command prompt (or use the AUTOEXNT utility do to it automatically
for you on startup)

Quote:> Hi all,

> I have a problem that I want to share to all members.
> I'm always remember to implement security for every new installed server ,
> Windows 2000 and even NT 4.0. Whether using Security Configuration
> Manager/Template, HotFix and Security Baseline.
> But always I was trapped with the security.

> My the biggest problem is :
> I want to remotely shutdown my servers from another server with
shutdown.exe
> came from Resources Kit. What I got is error : The network path was not
> found. What should I have to manually do for , whether registry setting,
> permission, policy setting or etc.

> Thank you,

> Halomoan

1. Home Security Questions - Traps for robbers?

I can use my computer to enhance this idea if some of you have any ideas
for me...

**

Home Security Questions - Traps for robbers?

I need some creative ideas and thought this would be a good place to ask...
They need to be legal. or involve legal aspects to make them more
effective.

I own a home and it keeps getting robbed by someone.

I know who they are and they don't know I know...

I want to catch them on video, audio, etc so that I can pressure them into
returning my other belongings.

The police say it's my word against theirs and won't even contact them to
question them...

Anyone know of an INet contact, www page, or have any ideas of trap
scenerios themselves?

post to them from work.

I'm posting this to a few NG's that I think will provide me with good
contacts and ideas.  Obviously I'm not selling anything or trying to kake a
profit...  I'm serious about this.  Contact me and I'll provide you with
more details if you think you can help.

really don't have time for BS right now...

Thanks!

- Joe

2. Winfax 8.0 integrated with Act for Notes?

3. Trojan Trapping

4. TAPI modem is not accessible

5. Tiny Trojan Trap 1.0.1

6. Ideas for a scrambling system...

7. Trojan Trap FLAWS & INFO *LATEST BUILD*

8. Initializing MBA...Press Ctrl +Alt+ B

9. Anyone tried Tiny's Trojan Trap?

10. Spoof trap?

11. Subseven client trap available? (Bogus Subseven server?)

12. Canary Traps?