Domain name not recognize on Firewall

Post by Hoan » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have Firewall-1 sitting between the internal net and the outside world.  I
also have an internal DNS server.  There is also a DNS server at our ISP.
When I use one of the client machine internally to access Microsoft's site
to download the 128 bit SP3, it gave me an error saying that my domain name
is not register.  It's only showing the IP address of my firewall.  Is there
anyway to work around this.  Any help is appreciated.

Post by e.. » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I have Firewall-1 sitting between the internal net and the outside world.  I
> also have an internal DNS server.  There is also a DNS server at our ISP.
> When I use one of the client machine internally to access Microsoft's site
> to download the 128 bit SP3, it gave me an error saying that my domain name
> is not register.  It's only showing the IP address of my firewall.  Is there
> anyway to work around this.  Any help is appreciated.

Tell your provider to fix the revers DNS entry for your ip-adress range
(i.e. the firewall). Most of the Time the Reverse Zone is not deligated by
the NIC.

Greetings
Bernd

Domain name not recognize on Firewall

Post by rob william » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Get the ISP to put an entry in the DNS for your firewall... forward and
reverse.. that should do it.

>I have Firewall-1 sitting between the internal net and the outside world.
>also have an internal DNS server.  There is also a DNS server at our ISP.
>When I use one of the client machine internally to access Microsoft's site
>to download the 128 bit SP3, it gave me an error saying that my domain name
>is not register.  It's only showing the IP address of my firewall.  Is
there
>anyway to work around this.  Any help is appreciated.

1. Directive name not recognized -> HP-UX 10.20

Hi!

I'm trying to compile ssh-1.2.26 on a HP-UX box.The configure part goes
well, but when I try to run make I get the follwing:
---
        gcc -pipe -c -I.  -I./gmp-2.0.2-ssh-2 -I./zlib-1.0.4
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DHOST_KEY_FILE=\"/etc/ssh_host_key\"
-DHOST_CONFIG_FILE=\"/etc/ssh_config\"
-DSERVER_CONFIG_FILE=\"/etc/sshd_config\"
-DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh1\" -DETCDIR=\"/etc\"
-DPIDDIR=\"/var/run\" -DSSH_BINDIR=\"/usr/local/bin\"
-DTIS_MAP_FILE=\"/etc/sshd_tis.map\" -O2  log-client.c
as: line 340: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - PARAM
*** Error exit code 1
---

I'm using gcc version 2.7.2.3.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Kenneth Gregersen
Internet Consultant
SAS Data Norway

2. known problems with AD and Exchange

3. workstations not on the domain can access domain resources

4. FS in US: C64 Equipment

5. translate n.n.n.n to name.name.name ???

6. SMS Service Manager - Error connecting to specific site.

7. Password not recognised

8. retrieve old message - Yikes! Win98 killed CDRW ability

9. OpenSSH on Cygwin: ssh-add not recognizing ssh-agent

10. Server does not recognize your public key

11. Administrator not recognized

12. ipfilter not recognizing external IP.

13. Administrator Rights not recognized