Strange Problem with VisNetic Firewall

Post by Unknown Entit » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:39:13

I decided to try out the VisNetic Firewall.  I remember that Conseal,
its predecessor was excellent.  I installed the trial, and now
everytime I boot up (Toshiba laptop running Windows XP) I get a New
Hardware Wizard or something like that which thinks the firewall is a
new network device.  I cancel it out and all seems to work OK, but it
is a pain in the *ss to deal with this every time.

1. deerfield.com Visnetic Firewall problem in WinXP

Hello

here is my problem in winXP profesional (clean install) after
installing Visnetic :

- browsing doesn't work with  IPs or URLs (so DNS is not the only
problem)
- DNS doesn't work
- pinging URL doesn't work
- pinging IP's WORKS (only thing that works)
- same ruleset as in win98 (where works perfectly)
- doesn't matter if firewall is runing or not
- allowing ALL trafic on ALL adapters is futile
- the firewall itself works (is blocking attempts from outside)
- i am not behind a proxy

  If I uncheck(or uninstall) "Deerfield.com/DAF NDIS IMFilter" in
network properties , everything WORKS except the firewall.

Please help , I love this firewall , it is the best and i don't want
to use anything else

Thank You

2. Problem with subqueries

3. Strange problem with WinRoute (quite possibly a setup problem)

4. WANTED: Address for Brixton

5. Port forwarding problem with 2.0.10 -- Strange problem

6. Drawing Extent Changes

7. ZAP or Visnetic Firewall

8. some questions from a beginner

9. VisNetic Firewall ...any one know if it's any good?

10. Deerfield.com VisNetic Firewall

11. VisNetic Firewall

12. Strange Problem Related to Norton Firewall