ZA Pro, BlackICE Def, Norton PF - Which is best?

ZA Pro, BlackICE Def, Norton PF - Which is best?

Post by ear-lutio » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:04:35

Hi

I was using BlackICE Def, untill a m8 said it was full of holes.  Now I've
switched to ZA Pro 2.9.  Is this the best choice?  Alternatively, if there
is better software out there, could someone please advise

Cheers

ZA Pro, BlackICE Def, Norton PF - Which is best?

Post by Ken Endele » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:47:55

you should try Tiny personal firewall, I think it's one of the best if not
the best.

Quote:> Hi

> I was using BlackICE Def, untill a m8 said it was full of holes.  Now I've
> switched to ZA Pro 2.9.  Is this the best choice?  Alternatively, if there
> is better software out there, could someone please advise

> Cheers

ZA Pro, BlackICE Def, Norton PF - Which is best?

Post by The Tracker » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:03:04

Your best bet is a hardware firewall set-up appropriately by a security
consultant, this only if you don't care who can see what you write using
your computer.

The Trackers

> Hi

> I was using BlackICE Def, untill a m8 said it was full of holes.  Now I've
> switched to ZA Pro 2.9.  Is this the best choice?  Alternatively, if there
> is better software out there, could someone please advise

> Cheers

1. BlackIce / ZA or ZA / BlackIce?

I've recently gone broadband and used to run just ZoneAlarm.  I'd run
BlackIce Defender on a machine at work.

When the broadband came in I installed BlackIce on my PC so I'm now running
both.

THE QUESTION OF THE DAY IS:

In what order should they be loaded?  Currently ZA loads last.  Would it be
better if BlackIce loaded last?  Does it matter?  Who's on first (so to
speak)?

2. FS: 128MB and 256MB Memories for SUN Ultra 5/10

3. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

4. Commodore Monitors

5. ZA Pro Blocks Norton Anti-Virus Updates

6. WANTED: SC1224 Monitor

7. Norton Personal Firewall 2003 or ZA Pro???

8. Standars for russian R1

9. Norton e-mail protect doesn't work with ZA Pro

10. More on BlackIce Def questions follow up...

11. More on BlackICE Def questions...

12. BlackIce Def questions...

13. BlackICE Def V1.9.6 questions answered, working now, here's how...