RFI: Looking for a program that will encrypt entire directories

RFI: Looking for a program that will encrypt entire directories

Post by hans9.. » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Like the subject header states, I am looking for a Windows program
that will encrypt entire directories as well as over-write the
selected files with the encrypted data.  Most of the programs I have
found just encrypt, but do not over-write.

Any information appreciated.

Jason Hansen

Post by Steve Will » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Like the subject header states, I am looking for a Windows program
>that will encrypt entire directories as well as over-write the
>selected files with the encrypted data.  Most of the programs I have
>found just encrypt, but do not over-write.

What about:

a) tar or pkzip
b) secure-delete the file with a Norton utility or something
c) encryp the file with pgp or something.

1. Looking for Archiver that can encrypt the directory list

I am looking for an Archiver program such as PkZip, LHArc, etc that
will also require the decryption password for viewing the directory
of files contained in that archive.

PKZip will not allow extraction without the password, but it WILL allow
you to take a directory of the files.

Also, how secure is the encryption in these type of programs?

Thanks

2. Trouble creating Win2K Advanced BDC!!

3. Looking for a program which can encrypt the whole HD

4. Front Page Changing Unix Permissions

5. Encrypting entire partition

6. A3000 fast ram query

7. RFI: Looking for Intrusion Detection products/papers/references etc.

8. ultra

9. Backup and restore of encrypted directory with XP Pro

10. how to Hide and encrypt a directory

11. encrypted user keys safe with automounted home directories?

12. Please Help: Is Active Directory replication encrypted?

13. Backup and restore of encrypted directory with XP Pro