Needed - a program for locking a Directory with a password

Needed - a program for locking a Directory with a password

Post by Karen Tellefs » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

A colleague of mine needs a resident program that will allow
her to password limit all access to directories containing
sensitive information that will work from Windows 3 applications,
especially Lotus 123.  I found a program on SimTel that worked
in DOS, but crashed in Windows.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please email as well as post this information.

Thanks.

--
Karen Tellefsen

Home Page - http://www.mordor.com/kat/karen.html

Needed - a program for locking a Directory with a password

Post by Safetyn » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

StopLight ELS is frequently used to provide this type of protection.  It
supports all versions of DOS, as well as Win 3.x and WFWG, including
32-bit disk and file access.  It's available from our FTP and WWW sites.
If you have questions implementing it, please give our support department
a call at 1-800-OS2-SAFE.

Bob Janacek - Technical Director
Safetynet, Inc. - Antivirus, security, and network management software
http://www./safe.net/safety/  ||  ftp://ftp.safe.net /pub/safetynet/
Novell Professional Developer

: A colleague of mine needs a resident program that will allow
: her to password limit all access to directories containing
: sensitive information that will work from Windows 3 applications,
: especially Lotus 123.  I found a program on SimTel that worked
: in DOS, but crashed in Windows.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
: Please email as well as post this information.

: Thanks.

: --

Post by John Bert » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>A colleague of mine needs a resident program that will allow
>her to password limit all access to directories containing
>sensitive information that will work from Windows 3 applications,
>especially Lotus 123.  I found a program on SimTel that worked
>in DOS, but crashed in Windows.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>Please email as well as post this information.

Try something called 'FolderBolt for Windows', available from

Kent Marsh Ltd.
Kent Marsh Bldg
3260 Sul Ross
Houston, TX
77098

phone: (713) 522-8906

Post by Brian Milbu » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>A colleague of mine needs a resident program that will allow
>her to password limit all access to directories containing
>sensitive information that will work from Windows 3 applications,
>especially Lotus 123.  I found a program on SimTel that worked
>in DOS, but crashed in Windows.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>Please email as well as post this information.

Check out our program *sitter.  You can download a free trial
version at: http://www.veryComputer.com/~solidoak

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

|  Solid Oak Software                        CIS: 74774,551 - GO SOLIDOAK |
|  Santa Barbara, CA                    http://www.veryComputer.com/~solidoak |
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

1. Is There A Program To Lock Out Directories

Mid-April '96, Our company will be releasing a beta version of 'Lock-em Out',
this program enables any administrator of a PC to visually set security for
multiple users on a single computer. There are close to 50 security settings
and options to choose from, and the program runs without any TSR, etc...

If you are interested in being a beta tester this program, please send E-Mail

and E-Mail address so we can contact you with more information.

2. Win95 and QNX...!

3. How To Connect To Remote Database Using eVC

4. Need password program for Windows *.exe programs

5. Inspecting .vsd files without opening

6. 19.15/6 err: End of stream: "internal input stream"

7. Directory Password Program for Windows

8. "Lock-out" program needed

9. Need a disk locking program for a PC network...

10. Programs that need to have passwords

11. I need a program to check if a password is "safe".