are wingate and msproxy 2.0 packet filtering?

are wingate and msproxy 2.0 packet filtering?

Post by Paul McHa » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I don't really know, but I think wingate is a proxy server.

>Can somone tell me if the NT proxy products
>* wingate 2.1
>* ms proxy 2
>do packet filtering.
>If yes, is it implemented at the IP level and how strong is it
>(stateful?, support udp,ftp,...)?

>TIA,

>Jan

>--
>--

are wingate and msproxy 2.0 packet filtering?

Post by Stanislav Kola » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can somone tell me if the NT proxy products
> * wingate 2.1
> * ms proxy 2
> do packet filtering.

No...

BTW Try our software WinRoute (www.winroute.com)
This is pure packet layer firewall for WinNT (Win95/98).

1. MSProxy 2.0...

I use it on the inside of my firewall as a second firewall and i love it.

I like it this way because from the inside only the Proxy can talk to the
Firewall and all the Users only directly talk to the Proxy not the Firewall.

2. Bin Utils

3. MSProxy 2.0

4. I told you.

5. what to filter in a packet filter

6. Backmaster 8/8

7. Filtering routers which filter packets from outside network at a particular port

8. too slow to access the lan

9. wingate 2.0

10. Wingate 2.0 and Macs

11. Why am I receiving regularly repeating ICMP packets?

12. Help needed setting up filtering on MS Proxy 2.0

13. ssh and MS Proxy 2.0 ports/filters ??