help

Post by cizz » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:30:48

Get messages to me on line that say's my computer is
broadcasting this number. Can I stop that?

help

Post by Ned Flander » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:30:04

No, they're popup ads.  Ignore them or stop visiting the websites that
generate them are about your only options.  Popup killers, of course, are
yet another way to deal with them.  Search this newsgroup for a thread named
Popups
One of the posters sent in a half dozen or so links to various popup killer
products.  I haven't tried any of them myself so can't vouch for their
usability/effectiveness.

Quote:> Get messages to me on line that say's my computer is
> broadcasting this number. Can I stop that?

help

Post by real name david mano » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:58:42

or try a different browser.  mozilla can be downloaded from www.mozilla.org
and it can be configured not to let unwanted windows open (ie, popup ads).
it's actually pretty nice, although some websites that are geared for IE
might act a little funny.

> No, they're popup ads.  Ignore them or stop visiting the websites that
> generate them are about your only options.  Popup killers, of course, are
> yet another way to deal with them.  Search this newsgroup for a thread
named
> Popups
> One of the posters sent in a half dozen or so links to various popup
killer
> products.  I haven't tried any of them myself so can't vouch for their
> usability/effectiveness.

> > Get messages to me on line that say's my computer is
> > broadcasting this number. Can I stop that?

help

Post by Ned Flander » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:17:00

Ah, good point.  I forgot Mozilla had that option.

Quote:> or try a different browser.  mozilla can be downloaded from
www.mozilla.org
> and it can be configured not to let unwanted windows open (ie, popup ads).
> it's actually pretty nice, although some websites that are geared for IE
> might act a little funny.

1. Driver help required for all Win Printers ..Please Help me!

Hi everyone! I am looking for some practical help with lpr and printer
formats. What the problem is is that I have Lexmark 1000 that I can't get to
work with Linux. I have tried every program designed to run this printer. I
used drivers desinged for lpr I have used Cups with the cupsomatic/foomatic
script and driver and it doesn't work. What I want to do is get my output
from PCB which is Postscript and forward it to a script that calls Wine and
a multifunctional program that I am writing in Windows. This program reads
the file type and data and loads it in a large buffer then prints it using
the standard windows printer driver! This will make it possible to run any
WIN Printer!! This will entice more users to Linux and their hardware will
work!

Down to the meaty stuff I have Red Hat 6.2 Intel based sytem Dual
BootWindows 98 168Meg Ram 300Mhz Celeron. What I need to know is if the
output of a linux program that goes to lpr then to the driver is the same
configuration as what Windows sends to it printer driver! I don't expect it
would be however I do need to ask. If it isn't is there conversion software
that converts the format from Linux to the format required by Windows. I
will take a Postscript only converter only for the moment if I have too, as
my main object is to print a Postscript file to a lexmak1000 using wine! Any
pointers to resources would be great! Thanks heaps
LittleFish

--
 Remove [SPAM ME AT YOUR OWN RISK] to mail me.

2. Centel Issues Refund, Sets Lower Rate

3. HELP !!! 3com Office Connect Firewall 25 software HELP !!!

4. INS file download problems

5. Help! Help!

6. Outlook Express Object

7. HELP HELP! - NT

8. A500 Accel, Hard Dr, etc. FS

9. i need help with a carrear selction please help me

10. HELP - need help on building a simple firewall

11. help with data recovery - help nail unfaithful husband

12. HELP!!installed shadow--lost root!! HELP!!!!!